“Delicious cheap food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sana

Sana
Ranked #1,060 of 5,656 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
“Delicious cheap food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

A friend of mine told about this place and i didn't regret. It is not fancy but the food is excellent and not expensive. the service is okey. I will go back anyime.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eternel2002

“Cheap and excellent food, poor ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is the only place i have found in montreal that serves a pakistani breakfast. i have been there a few times already and the food is ridiculously cheap and tastes amazing. however, the staff could definitely use a course in customer service though. Dont get me wrong, the staff isnt rude but they arent pleasant either. but i can ignore the staff and the ambiance for the great deal(price and taste). If u never had a pakistani breakfast before, u must try it once in ur life, just try to get there before 2pm. also haleem was excellent.

3 Thank mghalibk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is good..service is rude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I know this restaurant very well, i eat there at leadt once a week. The food is always very good and the service is not that much bad but there are two waiters sulling the reputation of this place with their rudness.
But still an overall nice restaurant And above all very very cheap so im sure you guys will do like me and come again and again for the nice and cheap food

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yahamin
Montreal, Canada
“Good food - but tried to rip me off for $1”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just back from getting a take-away. Noticed an error on the bill. $5 instead of the $3.99 on the window for a chicken biryani.

The manager told me it was a dollar extra because I was paying by card. I asked if this included Debit card. He said yes. I said wtf? Then he saw I only had $15 cash and said he would take that and give me a discount (It should have been $16). In the middle of discussing it, another guy arrived and tried to tell me that the first guy (the manager) had made a mistake, was new, didn't know the place very well. There never should be a dollar charge for cards. That I misunderstood what he was telling me. That the till hadn't been updated, blah blah blah.

This could be true about the till, but basically they tried to feed me a load of horse dung for excuses as to why he tried to rip me off. The manager put his nose in the air and didn't say a peep when I asked him to defend himself...

I felt like a real idiot making a stink, but seriously? Trying to do me out of a dollar. What a cheap piece of work.

I got an apology and my $1 discount to boot. It won't happen again I am assured. But will I be back there? I probably would have, as the food is OK, but not after that scene.

So, briefly, food is fine, BUT CHECK YOUR BILL

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“Most cost effective Pak/Indian food place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The taste of food is great and variaety is there. The service is though below standard but proce of food and taste attracts you. We lked the sweat dish and we also bought some pakistani/indian style sweats which were of very good taste and quality. In short, it is a low cost, good quality food. Looks ideal for students. I talked to some Mcgill students and they praised the price and quality of food at Sana resaturant.

• Visited August 2011