“Lobster Spaghetti”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was the BEST lobster spaghetti that I have EVER eaten. I thought it was well worth the price. The buffalo head in the washroom is kinda strange, but it's a fun place to go.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Job Beef practices the «cuisine du marché»! The menu is written on a black board in the restaurant entrance. The French term «cuisine du marché» means that the chef get its inspiration based on the fresh produces available at the daily market.

Their signature plate is steak! A 0.5 kg «contre filet» (New York steak) cooked to perfection, served with a superb red wine sauce, spinach and a huge slice of tomato on top of the steak ! Fantastic !

P.S Fantastic for beef addicts!

1  Thank L B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent food and ambiance, very relax and urban, great staff !

Location is good too, great neighborhood to discover.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We reserved 3 months in advance to obtain a reservation at 7:00pm on Saturday night, May 4th 2013 and it was well worth the wait!!! We, Montrealers enjoy our restaurants and this place does not disappoint! We were advised by the staff who called on the same day to confirm our reservation, that it would be best to arrive at 6:30pm, in order that we would not be rushed which was a good decision as we left at 9:20pm just in time for the staff to clear our table and get it ready for the 9:30pm seating. We came in throught the back door as there is parking in the back of the restaurant and were surprised to see the gardens all around the back filled with fine herbs, salads and other vegetables. We were a bit disapointed by the look which was rustic but the food more than made up for it. There are some tables outside in the back which need to be specifically reserved. We were 2 couples and tried the entrées of homemade sausage (smoked on the premisses) an absolute must! The shrimps that had arrived that same morning from Matane cooked to subtle perfection, the cheese and artichoke entrée was delightful and the arrancini balls just melted in your mouth. We could hear the angels sing! Then two of us had the «Onglet de boeuf» ( undercut of beef)which was perfectly cooked tender and tasty with perfectly cooked potatoes, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. One of us had the pasta with 2 lbs of seafood, incredibly good, another must! One of us had the rabbit and found it good but I cannnot get excited about rabbit. The desserts were amazing! There was a chorus of angels singning at the end of this meal! Our waitress, Alexandra, was such a good ambassador for this restaurant! All the staff is nice and attentive. We enjoyed our New Zealand waitress who spied on some other client's dish to provide us with information on our next visit. The cost with one bottle of wine was 230$ per couple. Enjoy this restaurant it is our best recommandation!!!

3  Thank Frances G
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I dined at Joe Beef with 2 friends in January this year, being a Restaurant Manager for Daniel Boulud's Toronto outpost and having studied hospitality in Switzerland followed by working in London England for 2 years I'd like to think I know great food & service. Since my dining experience there I have not stopped raving about the food & service and have told countless people it is on my top 3 most memorable dining experiences of all time (many colleagues have said ''That is a HUGE statement to make'') but I stick by it 150%. From the moment we arrived we had such a warm welcome from the Maitre'D and then from our server Morgane (I really hope that was her name). We opted for the Deep Fried Fois Gras (life changing for those who love fois gras), the clams and one of the terrine's, followed by the Lobster Linguini, and the Steak Madam which was beautifully seasoned and cooked to perfection. All of the dishes had such outstanding flavors. As for the wine, our server made wonderful recommendations for both our starters and our main courses,the tasting notes in both wines complimented each dish perfectly (the price is so right). Anyways all I can say is that after growing up in India, Africa, Iran, Vietnam, Switzerland, England and Canada and countless travels this restaurant really blew my mind and was an unforgettable experience. So much so that I have planned my birthday weekend to Montreal this summer just so I can have dinner at Joe Beef again :).

1  Thank JGFELLER