“THE BEST.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Reviewed August 10, 2012

As foodies, we had to try Joe Beef and we were NOT disappointed. It's service and food were amazing, actually, ridiculous is the only word i can use to describe it.

We sat at the bar as our Concierge at the W made us last minute reservations but it was perfect as we chatted with the manager and at some of the best food i've had at a restaurant in years!

The Double Down, The Lobster Pasta and the BONE IN RIB EYE for 2 is still talked about longingly every time we try a steak anywhere in the world.

We will be back and you must make time for this experience.

Date of visit: December 2011
1  Thank DaveNanni

Reviewed August 2, 2012

So, the ambient is dark and kind of hipster - we had our dessert served in a "pyrex" measuring cup. However, none of that matters when Joe Beef has the best beer I've drank so far in Canada! They brew their own beer and it's tasty as hell, smoky, really good. Prices weren't very cheap, but well worthy. Food was delicious and dessert even better. I enjoyed my dinner at Joe Beef's and will certainly include it again on my next trip to Montreal!

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fabulous restaurant - absolutely adored the food at this establishment.

We went here for my birthday and absolutely no regrets. My advice for this restaurant though is to have an entrée and share a main, because the meals are so big (too big). I had the baby pork porterhouse (piglet) which was so succulent, it melted in my mouth. My girlfriend ate rabbit sausages, which were also divine. Our other friend had the ribs with chips, which I thought was the least tasty of the meals.

You also have to try the fried foie gras sandwich for entrée - WOW! a taste explosion.

We finished with sharing a potato (well it's meringue) baked desert top with cream and chocolate. Didn't know what to expect, but it was a good surprise and I liked it!

I would definitely go again to Joe Beef, just because of the quality of the food - but would share a main. Yumo...

Date of visit: July 2012
2  Thank Londres_Dave
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I ate lucky enough to live in Montreal and we go there every few months. The menu changs accordingly. I have never had a bad meal or experience there. We always sit at the bar and the staff is excellent, they know their menu and are always willing to find the answer for any question you may have. The wine selection is great not that I really look any more Max at the bar knows what my wife and I like so he suggests according to our taste. We dined there last night and met a nice couple that is something that happens in this great and relaxed restaurant. Always a great time and thank you to the staff and management for going that extra mile to ensure we have a great time.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant is very cozy and has an unpretentious dining experience. I had a salad from the restaurant's garden and it was so simple and yet so great. The pasta with lobster was beyond delicious. My husband's dish was a plate of scallops with corn chowder and caviar. The scallops melted in your mouth. I normally do not each oysters but was convinced by my husband to try one and I have to say, was quite impressed. The ingredients and seasonings are so well blended. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the dishes and the collection of wines and his personality was a pleasure. Overall, excellent experience in every sense of the word and to sum it up...Fine dining with a relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2012