“Restaurant with a nice ambiance”
Review of Restaurant Laloux

Restaurant Laloux
Ranked #184 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Richmond, Canada
“Restaurant with a nice ambiance”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We enjoyed our evening, staff were very nice but the food took too long to show up. (we were a group of 5 and the 6:15pm tables were not all full) Otherwise everything was fine

• Finnish first
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our first time in Montreal, we wanted a French restaurant. Laloux was highly recommended and rightly so. My seared scallops were the best I've ever had, and the desserts were out of this world!

Revere, Massachusetts
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Montreal, we dined at this great restaurant in the Plateau section of the city. From start to finish, the food, waitstaff, and atmosphere were exceptional. We started with a bottle of Sancerre and enjoyed our wine with interesting appetizers of cooked meats and salad. For the main course, we both enjoyed salmon, cooked to perfection. The bread was delicious! We will definitely return!

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Delightful French restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Restaurant Laloux is located in the heart of the Plateau of Montreal on the corner of a
quiet side street.
It's a more upscale, bistro-style restaurant with European flair. As such, it's better to make reservations and keep in mind dress code. Last but not least, the French cuisine is delectable.
The ingredients are always fresh and often local (for both main courses and desserts). I've been at least three times and I was very satisfied each
time. It's high quality food and the restaurant has a lot of ambiance.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Vanessa T
Riverwoods, Illinois
“Best restaurant in montreal!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a find! If you want to feel like you are in Paris, this restaurant is for you! Quiet, elegant and unpretentious and staffed by truly professional people, There is even a beautiful garden like terrace if you want to dine outside! At first, we questioned the menu online as my husband is not super adventurous but decided to go for it because they have two steaks in the menu. The bread was phenomenal and we shared the charcuterie plate which was amazing. I had Atlantic char which was outstanding. The plate was so beautiful that I actually took a picture of it. It reminded me of the plates you see on the chefs cooking contests on television! My husband had the steak and it was also wonderful. We ate so much that we did not have dessert but the desserts looked phenomenal and very original. Unlike most French restaurants the portions were huge and every bite was a delight! This restaurant was so good that in a five night stay we will be there twice. I booked it for our last night here because I loved it so much. I do not know why the writer wrote that it was not romantic. The ambience was a 10! We are from Chicago and have travelled all over the world and this restaurant would be up there with my favorites!