“Multiple visits only one enjoyable experience”
Review of Les 3 Brasseurs

Les 3 Brasseurs
Ranked #111 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Food sucks. Come on, I know its a pub but the menu is lazy and lacks quality and depth. I had one good experience which fortunately was my most recent - this was at the 3 Brasseurs near Old Montreal (or in it?) The others like the one on McGill are awful so don't bother unless all you want is a beer outside in the summer. Food sucks - did I say that already? No idea why RDS locates here for some of their broadcasts - figure someone knows someone 'cos, yes, the food sucks! Great beer choice tho.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stopped by here with a few hungry friends on our recent trip over the border.
We were a little scared by the line in the foyer.....But it moved very quickly and we were seated in just a few minutes (not bad for lunchtime rush).
Our server was nice and knowledgeable about the beers. I recommend the Amber.
The food was good, and came out fast. The atmosphere was very fun, and a little loud, however I think that's what really brings out the pub feel.
Great place to stop while shopping on St. Catherine Street!

1  Thank Jon I
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for dinner on a Saturday night. It was packed, the Habs game was on, the embiance was great. We were seated with our 2yr old quite quickly and were given a hand with putting our stroller out of the their way. The staff was great all around

We found the menu to be lacking. We actually went in for a nice pizza they make a Mediterranean flat bread style pizza with VERY sparce toppings. I'm a HUGE Ontario Craft Brewery fan and don't drink mass-produced beer so the opportunity to try their inhouse beer was exiting. I ordered their IPA which was a beautiful pale amber and medium head. It's not Keiths' so be prepared for a bitter, hoppy flavour and sweet malts

We should have gone with our initial instinct and went elsewhere as MTL has so much to offer. The atmosphere is great but the menu just didn't support the sport pub, young energetic atmosphere.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Recently in Montreal, my boyfriend and I ventured into Les 3 Brassuers for a snack and got a couple of beers to try their brew out. We ordered a pizza that was delicious! The crust/dough was almost a cross between a crepe and pizza dough and the pesto drizzle on the pizza was phenomenal! The cheese and tomatoes on the pizza were very fresh and overall, we were very impressed. We were only in for a snack, otherwise we would have ordered more food. We each got a beer, both of which were good, but not our favorite. It was quite crowded, but it was a Friday night. Coming from Boston, the crowd was nothing extreme and very manageable. The atmosphere was very fun and we would both return and get food, but probably not one of their beers.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had lunch on a Saturday afternoon at the St. Catherines location. This is a very large restaurant that brews its own beer. The food is essentially "pub fare". We had the pulled pork sandwich plater and one of their flat bread pizza-like creations. We also sampled their amber beer and "blonde" beer. First of all we found the hostess a bit "snooty" and she sat us at an awful table despite the fact that there were many empty tables (the restaurant has three levels). We got our waitress to move us to a table by a window. The food was very good but the beer was not to our liking (aromatic, spicey and high alcohol content). Our server was pleasant but we were surprised by her relatively poor command of English (half the patrons were English-speaking and half were French-speaking). She also initially gave us the wrong bill. The atmosphere of the restaurant is "basic" and the tables are crowded together. I've been to similar restaurants in other cities and I would rate this about average. Having said that our friends ate at the same restaurant on the same day but at the old Montreal location. They raved about the place.