“Yummy Burger”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Lemoyne
Transit: Metro Sqaure Victoria est a 200 metres du restaurant. Subway station Square Victoria is 200 meters from the restaurant.
Description: *UPDATE! Vallier now offers brunch on weekends!* Since April 2016, Vallier has a new look and includes a new concept : contemporary Montreal bistro. Vallier still offers its classics like the mac n' cheese and sheperd's pie, but has other new dishes. You'll see a lot of Quebec ingredients in our meals and cocktails, but also premium local beers on tap. All this without becoming too fancy. Vallier wants you to feel like you're sitting at your grandmother's table! Join us for brunch (on the weekends), lunch or dinner. We welcome reservations.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place was hopping all evening; even with all the restaurants in the area there was still a small wait at this one. The food was really good and I loved the burger. In fact, everyone seemed to really enjoy their dishes and felt it was a really good choice. I would recommend this place for variety and quality of the menu.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was probably my least favourite restaurant that we visited while on a trip to Montreal and Quebec City, though it was far from poor.

The restaurant was recommended by a tour guide as being typical of the Montreal interpretation of French food.

Service was fairly hit and miss and not particularly friendly, though nothing specific to really complain about. The food was just too rich and, certainly for my tastebuds - and I like my food well seasoned - much too salty.

I came away disappointed that we had chosen this restaurant for the last night of our trip, in a city which is packed with excellent eating places. It wasn't particularly expensive, but neither was the food good for the price.

I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend it to others - there are far nicer places with better prices and with far nicer staff.

The restaurant looked quite tatty and a bit tired at the end of the weekend - all in all, I just got the feeling that nobody particularly cared.

1  Thank fatbottomzebra
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had come here on our honeymoon and came back for our five year wedding anniversary this time with a 2 year old in tow. The food was great; portabello raviolis with duck confit were amazing. $5 wine special was greatly appreciated. Service was kind and quick. This restaurant has a great local vibe. Highly recommended.

1  Thank GucciKing
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Vallier is centrally located on the edge of old and new Montreal on McGill. An easy walk from our hotel (Saint Sulpice). Nice atmosphere and we were helped by an excellent wait staff. We took a few apetizers and I loved the beef tartare. Often times restuarants throw the beef through a grinder but this was properly chopped up and nicely seasoned. My wife took the scallops and they were truly out of this world...excellent.The ravioli with duck confit was very tasty and I would have that again. They make an awesome sheppards pie with duck; definitely out of the box and to be reccommended. I am pleased that the concierge of the Saint Sulpice reccommended this place. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Centrally located, good atmosphere. Food and service were great. Very expensive, even for Quebec standards. Try the fish BLT, worth the money.