“great food , not pricey”
Review of Marathon Souvlaki

Marathon Souvlaki
Ranked #1,160 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Neighborhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place is usually very packed on weekend. The food is great and not expensive. you get lots of food and will never leave hungry. The portions are pretty generous. The garlic bread that you get with the tzaziki sauce is amazing. It's not a place where you can sit down for long and chat but it is well worth it. good food, good price, good service what else can you ask for ?

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Limited to very typical low-end Greek food but well prepared. Generous portions. Good service. A bit too noisy.
In summary, good low end dining.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Been going to Marathon's for many years, and the key to its success is this: the food always tastes the same - delicious, fresh and hot. I've never experienced an "off night" here. It is rare for any rsetaurant to have a level of consistency that is unbroken year after year.

I've always enjoyed the all dressed souvlaki pita - hot, perfectly marinated cubes of meat with fantastic tzatziki sauce - but in recent years I seem to order the all dressed gyro pita instead. This is the meat that is sliced from a spit - I crave it's deliciousness every time.

Each plate comes with marathon fries (round wedge fries that are always hot and crispy on the outside - awesome) and marathon salad (lettuce, onion, tomato, whole olives, a generous chunk of feta cheese and a deliciously tangy house dressing). I suppose some people order the rice and Greek salad instead, but I don't see why.

A basket of complimentary fresh hot garlic bread tides you over before your meal arrives, and even though the meal is made fresh to order, before you know it it's in front of you. Did I mention that the portions are very generous? Don't expect to have room for dessert in all likelihood.

With a family friendly ambience and attentive service, the above meal is around 12 bucks plus tax and tip, which is absurdly - hilariously - inexpensive.

I've never met anyone that has ever been disappointed, also quite a feat considering that this place is always full during lunch and dinner.

A no brainer for anyone visiting Montreal. Enjoy.

2  Thank TravellingTFP
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Montreal. We know before we go in what we want to eat, so we never need menus. They have wonderful lamb chops according to my husband & I love the chicken sticks. The salad dressing there is outstanding! It's another of our favourite haunts to visit when we are in Montreal. We especially love the one in Dollard des Ormeaux!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Food here is consistently delicious - no matter what you order you know that it will be hot, fresh and tasty! Marathon salad is great with a super dressing, tzatziki is sooo good! Service is always fast, friendly and efficient! Always a good choice!