“Tasty food in a nice atmosphere”
Review of O'Thym

O'Thym
Ranked #84 of 6,067 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Description: Now open for brunch, saturday and sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I already visit this place few times and the food is totally delicious. The place is small and the atmosphere are very nice and charming to visit with the persons you like the most in life. It's often full, so it's better to reserve few days before. They usually have two services: one at 6 pm and one at 9 pm. And you can bring your wine!! So, there is no hesitation to try there fabulous starter :)

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This was a Valentines outing. My wife and I traveled up from Toronto by train 'for lunch'. I had done my research and had picked this restaurant as being the ideal mix of good food and casual ambience. My error was not to look at the address closely and we walked off to Maisonneuve West rather than maisonneuve East. A quick phone call and a short walk later we arrived at the restaurant greeted by the owner and our table was waiting. Menus are written on chalkboard on the walls. The lunch menu I varies daily and offers some elements of the dinner menu. I had a waging beef tartare to start excellently seasoned with a green salad to accompany. Mains we both had confit de Canard on a bed of warm braised cabbage. We both had the Canadian cheese plate to finish. We brought our own wine so I don't know what their wine list is like. In summary this was a great French Bistro very reminiscent of Paris.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Top rate restaurants usually come with expensive wine lists, testing the limits of one's dinner budget (you have to have the best wine with the best food, right?). O'Thym manages to pull off some of the best dining tastes in Montreal, while inviting diners to splurge on the wine of their choice (their own!). The decor is modern bistro, the tables small, and the place is noisy (mostly French spoken). The food is heavenly, whether it be ocean or terrestrial fare. I went for the Ris de veau entree, my wife, the Salade de Legumes. Perfection! For the main course, poisson du jour (a walleye) and for me, carre d'agneau, in a honey-cumin reduction. Both dinners came with a slice of acorn squash, additional pureed squash and a mixture of quinoa and wild rice. Dessert? How could we resist their bread pudding and ice cream? This is definitely a repeat dinner engagement!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I'm vegetarian but there were no issue, the Chef cooked me a vegetarian risotto. Every dish is a surprise and tasty. Desserts are homemade and delicious. I really love this restaurant

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were 10 people for get together dinner at the French restaurant O’thym, bring you own wine in the East of Montreal. Lovely, casual atmospheres, good, friendly service, make sure you speak French. Please try foie gras, if you love it. Food is well presented, testy, fair prices. All my friends were happy and impressed.