“Good bagels”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Outremont
Reviewed September 12, 2013

From what a i was told it's been there for years> what is there to say just awesome bagels!!
i ate a whole bag to myself.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Unfortunately I entered the address for the wrong shop since they have multiple locations...check your address before you head out...I missed out on trying an authentic Montreal bagel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped by St-Viateur Bagel on Mont-Royal around 10:30 on a Sunday and managed to get a table for brunch in ten minutes. A small, but cute place serving delicious Montreal bagels and a variety of toppings/fillings. We ordered the traditional (filled with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers) and the smoked meat bagel sandwiches for $11 each, so a bit pricey. The food arrived quickly, but the cafe seemed less efficient...our cappuccino never came, was reordered, and finally arrived 30 minutes after we were done with our bagels. Luckily it's a nice spot to sit and watch people stroll down Mont-Royal (and they didn't charge us for the forgotten cappuccino). The service was strange...some servers seemed overwhelmed while others just seemed to be wandering around not helping.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I like these bagels even better than NYC bagels. St Viateur bagels are chewy, dense, and have a great crust and flavor. What a treat! We visited the location on Mont Royal.

1  Thank LCF303
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is not a restaurant as such. It is a bakery where you can buy bagels.
Whenever I am in the area I stop for my dozen of freshly made bagels. If I have friends from out of town I also take them along as you can see the staff in action.
There is always a bit of a lineup, even more so on weekends.