“Healthy, generous portions of delicious vegan food with fast service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aux Vivres

Aux Vivres
Ranked #47 of 5,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Detroit, MI
“Healthy, generous portions of delicious vegan food with fast service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Aux Vivres. I had the Buddha bowl and my wife had the Californienne salad. Both meals were delicious! The grilled tofu was great, and the organic rice was amazing. Both meals had very generous portions. The service was very good, and our meals came out quite quickly. My only criticism is that we ordered the coconut cashew pie, and the slice was extremely small. We will definitely come back to Aux Vivres on our next trip to Montreal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank wfbhs76

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Howth, Ireland
“Great vegetarian food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am not normally one to eat a meal sans meat but I was with some friends so tried Aux Vivres. It was a great experience. The friendly service and quality/freshness of the food was awesome. It will be a place I will always return to for a decent lunch time snack when I visit Montreal again. They also have these cool ipad minis to take the orders which I thought was really innovative and clever too.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ColinForker
Toronto, Canada
“Never Fails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Whether your are vegetarian, vegan or not, this is a delicious restaurant for any meal. I ate from their brunch menu on 2 consecutive days - yes, it was that good! They were willing to customize our meals and didn't charge any extra to do so. The chai tea was delicious. With 150 seats, the place is busy but the staff were all very friendly and efficient. If I find myself in Montreal again, I'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ActiveTempo
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Great weekend brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love to come here for brunch with friends on the weekend when I visit Montreal. I have been coming here since they opened at their old location with mismatched furniture and flatware donated by the vegan faithful. If vegi restos like this could be found back home, I might switch to vegetarian.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eric H
Boston
“Fabulous Vegan Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This casual vegan restaurant is fabulous. The staff is great (and they don't preach about veganism - our waitress confessed that she is "mostly vegan") and very welcoming. The patrons tend to be on the younger under 35-ish side but there were definitely middle agers and older folks there as well. We were there with our 3 sons, one of whom is a passionate vegan, and we all loved it. You definitely don't have to be vegan to enjoy the food. It's on a great street with fun boutiques. The place has a great, energetic atmosphere, and there is a covered outside area in the back where we ate.

• Visited August 2013