“Super”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Super”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent service and food.....Steaks are the specialty. This is a $$$$ restaurant and perfect for slow casual dining.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank HawkSpiritTraveler

lancs
“best pub in the world”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just happened to be surfing the net when ziggy's flashed across my screen. its been ten years since i was last there after installing the montreal gazette. Ziggy Danny, Chris and Elizabeth still there ? what a crew used to leave there when the birds were up,then go for breakfast. The restaurant wasn't there then just the bar.
Great memories. ;-)

Visited July 2011
Danbury, Connecticut
“Disgraceful bartender.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Well, after ordering 2 Alexander keiths red amber beers I watch the bartender pour 3/4 of 1 beer with the red and start the 2nd. He then decides to finish off both beers with a completely different beer. He goes back and forth filling the "red" with a hodge podge of 2 different beers. I suspect a keg kicked and he Was either too lazy to change it or didnt want to be bothered in telling us we had to choose another beer. When he brings them over to me and asks for $16 I say that I wanted 2 reds. He then lies and said he only poured red. I bring the beers to my table where the lighting is better, and it's obvious that they are two different colors and not at all what I ordered. Being a bartender myself, this is inexcusable. You don't lie to your customers like that. We will never return if the bartender on this wed night is working.

2 Thank alliu
ajax, Ontario, Canada
“"Where Nobody Knows Your Name"...only for awhile...”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

On a couple of occasions now, Ziggy's has been a start and finish point for evenings on Crescent Street. It's downstairs on the east side of Crescent, and has a small but workable patio. The engaging features about Ziggy's include the staff and their drink making ability...but there is an atmosphere that you can feel, and while the tag line in the review title is on the wall, the truth of the matter is that Ziggy's has it's characters and does make you feel welcome. I don't have an opinion on the food as I've never eaten there, but it makes a perfect place to start your evening and the patio was a great spot for engaging conversation and street watching.

• Visited August 2011