“Excellent food, Wonderful atmosphere and wonderful staff”
Review of Trattoria Zia

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Manassas, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, Wonderful atmosphere and wonderful staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My sisters and I were staying at the Square Phillips and decided to have dinner at the restaurant connected to the hotel. Excellent atmosphere. One of my sisters has Celiac disease so each night dinner became a discussion with the waitstaff over what was on the menu that my sister could eat. Not at Zia Trattoria. When owner, Valeria heard this, she took my sister under her wing and guided her through the menu. This restaurant even carries gluten free pasta. We decided to eat there again on our last night and were so happy we did. Valeria had taken the time to have a special gluten free dessert made for my sister. It was a wonderful and warm experience with excellent food and wonderful people.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Trish1234_12

Upstate NY
“Average food, good service and location”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ate here because we were staying at the attached hotel and hubby was running the Montreal marathon the next day and wanted pasta. He got quite a large portion of the pasta with meatballs, which he declared good but nothing special. I had Veal Involtini, which is rolled with cheese, prosciutto and peppers. The veal was very tender, good quality, and the accompanying sauce was delicious. But I couldn't really taste the very tiny amounts of mozzarella and prosciutto in it. I didn't love the red pasta sauce on my side of pasta, but that is just a personal preference. The bruschetta starter was a yummy surprise, as was the melon after dinner that another reviewer mentioned, especially since we didn't want dessert. The atmosphere was quaint and the one gentleman working the tables was very pleasant and efficient.

• Visited September 2012
Chico, California
“REstaurant TIA”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just returned from a few days in Montreal and stayed at the hotel associated with this restaurant. Traditional Italian, some northern and some southern dishes. The atmosphere was great- small restaurant overlooking the street. The service was perfection. The wine I chose was reasonably priced and excellent- I had the house chianti. The salad was very fresh and crisp. We tried several main courses- all were well prepared and the portions were on the large side: In addition to the bread, we also got complimentary brucchetta and melon to finish off the meal although it didn't say so on the menu. Almost every main course cost in the mid to upper 20s. It was heaven! We went three three times for dinner because we enjoyed it so much. In addition, I stopped in just to have the tirimasu on another day as I had never gotten to try it as I was so full after my main course. It is sad that they didn't have a lot of business when we were there.

• Visited September 2012
Vaughan, Canada
“Great Restaurant!!! Great People! Great Food!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

There were 5 of us from Woodbridge Ontario and we all know a good italian meal. We were so happy when we ate at Zia's the first day we were in Montreal that we went the second day to eat there once again. Will go there again when we go there next time!

• Visited March 2012
Montreal
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I went to Zia trattoria for lunch. Everything was going well until we got to desert and coffee. I ordered a cappuccino and my friend an expresso. After receiving the coffees, the waiter came back and suggested I take an expresso instead because it would go better with the desert. Not being the biggest expresso fan, I declined. Big mistake. A few minutes later I started feeling a little bloated. A couple hours later I was leaving work with strong cramps. By the time I got home, my stomach hurt so much I was in tears and I started considering going to the hospital. Needless to day I suggest anyone to AVOID this restaurant at all costs. One thing is for sure, I will never set foot in there again.

• Visited June 2011