“Amazing food but wow, service is insane”
Review of Chez Delmo

Chez Delmo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Delmo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: corner St-Jean
Transit: Square Victoria Metro Station
Description: Classic fish & seafood in an elegant and friendly environment.
California
“Amazing food but wow, service is insane”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We loved our dinner, loved the restaurant, but at the end of the meal our server informed us of what was and what was not an appropriate tip to leave her. WOW! Ruined our whole experience and even though we loved the food we would NEVER go back

San Diego, CA
“Possibly the best dinner we've ever had....”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I don't even know where to start with this...went with my wife and hre coworkers who had been here a year ago and were raving about it. It lived up to expectations and then some. Over the course of our three hour plus dinner we had several fantastic appetizers and an assortment of great main dishes. I had one of the best steaks ever while others had seafood pasta and halibut. Everything was cooked perfect and we were so full we passed on desert. After dinner we talked with the two owners and met the chef, it was an incredible night....

2 Thank tkingsbury
Stamford, Connecticut
“Delightful!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Delicious food and a wonderful staff. Our waiter, Charles, was terrific ...knowledgeable, witty and spoke to us in four languages! Lots of fun. We shared four appetizers and a main course. All were terrific. Grilled octopus was cooked perfectly. Salmon carpaccio was also delicious. The oysters that night were from New Brunswick and were particularly good. We had the mussels meunière for a main course, served with pomme frites. All in all, it was a wonderful evening. I would highly recommend Chez Delmo.

1 Thank JackieC655
La Prairie, Canada
“It doesn't get better than this!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had dinner Chez Delmo on a recent Friday. The experience was nothing short of exceptional. The ambiance was perfect, the service was attentive yet discreet and done with flair. The cuisine is Traditional French and the wine list is beautifully composed and with obvious attention to the diner's total experience. I had a barely legal Scotch before dinner and I'll treasure the memory fondly for years to come. The Lobster Bisque was simply perfect, with plenty of lobster meat. Even though Chez Delmo is renowned as a Seafood restaurant first and foremost, the chef also cooks up a mean Bavette and Filet-Mignon. I opted for the latter and did not regret my choice. It was grilled to perfection, was lightly seasoned yet the meat was tasteful and melted in my mouth. I asked for a glass of Bordeau to accompany my steak and was offered a Saint-Estèphe 2000... wow! And to crown such an epic meal, I had the fondant au chocolat. A must try for any chocolate lover. I will be sure to go back soon.

2 Thank Gravos B
kingslynn
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great service, on the ball waiters. Glasses Never empty,
Food excellent . The best sea bass ever!
Highly recommended.