“can't get better”

Dunn's Famous
Ranked #79 of 5,682 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Ontario
“can't get better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've been going to Dunn's since my college days. Their smoke meat sandwiches are scrumptuous and their cheese cake to dies for.

“Up in Smoked Meat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

What is there to say with regards to Dunn's smoked meat. It's simply the best meat in Montreal! They sandwiches are always up to par and always so nice and warm and juicy! If anyone wants to truly experience something great (2nd to Chalet BBQ) then I suggest Dunn's smoked meat.

1 Thank djlcharles
Mississauga, Canada
“Very Satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stopped by here with my boyfriend Jim for lunch. We had been walking down Ste-Catherine looking for quick sandwich and beer. The outside seemed a little shady, but the resturaunt was packed inside, so we figured its a safe bet.
I ordered the smoked turkey sandwich ($13.95) which comes with fries colslaw and a pickle. Jim ordered a hot chicken sandwich ($11.75). This was my first 'smoked meat' experience so I was surprised by the amount of meat was stuffed between the 2 pieces of rye bread. The bread was fresh, and the meat had a nice flavour. The menu did say the sandwich comes with mustard (I dont generally like mustard) but I didnt see or taste it, so I guess I lucked out. My favorite part of the meal, however, were the fries and gravy. The gravy was soo good I regretted not ordering a poutine!
The waitress was very nice, and the sevice was quick. Overall very satisfying lunch, maybe a bit pricey for sandwiches, but very good. This place is busy for a reason!!

• Visited November 2012
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Great late night stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I head to Montreal for Pride every year. We are always out until 3 or 4 in the morning, and we always go to Dunn's afterwards. Even late at night, or early in the morning depending on how you look at at, the service is excellent and the food is even better. I recommend the gigantic triple decker BLT

Toronto, Canada
“Still a great place for a smoke meat snadwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a Dunn’s smoke meat special and a beer. The sandwich arrived at the table served on 2 slices of fresh pumpernickel bread, fresh cut fries, coleslaw, and sour pickle. The smoked meat was heaped high and had superb taste. The interior of the restaurant is a little dated but adds character to our experience. Staff is friendly and a great place to taste Montreal smoke meat.

• Visited August 2012