“Spicy flavors”

Neighborhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Montreal, Canada
“Spicy flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went there for lunch with some coworkers. I gotta say that the lamb is to kill for. Their Vindaloo is right on the spot, the naan selection is great and they got a nice curry onion bahji. Definitely going back there. Fast service, price is definitely good.

• Visited May 2013

“Cuisine Indie in the heart of Parc Extension”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The place is busy bit crowded for my style...the waiter is too fast to remove the dishes. The food taste good, kudos to the chief. My favourite tandoori chicken and the dessert rice pudding....yumm

• Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
“Save Your Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Where to begin....I hate to have to write bad reviews but this restaurant was not anywhere close to the views we read, that prompted us to give it a visit.
Let's start with the goblet of water that had curry in the inside. Not the most pleasant way to start our lunch. We ordered the chicken Pakora, that came with two sauces. One of the plates again had left over food on it. Again, just kept trying to enjoy our lunch. We ordered our main meals from the specials menu, and got the lamb curry and the butter chicken. Each of our meals consisted of three pieces of meat with a side of dried tandoori chicken. But still not the worst part of our experience. When the food arrived, the server rudely demanded we give back the sauces that came with the chicken pakora, or she would charge us extra for something that we paid for. This blew my mind. She ignorantly informed us that the sauce gets used again, therefore we would have to pay for it. Served again? If anyone knows their food and health safety codes, you would know that food that has come to the table and been used should never be used again for other guests. I informed the other server, and she even agreed, smiled than walked away. I am blown to see such positive reviews for somewhere that lacks fresh food, and customer service. I have tried Indian food in so many different establishments and sad to say, that this establishment is no where it is rated to be. The only positive I can state is the inside had been renovated and had a real nice modern look to it. I wish the food matched the look. Sadly as a server myself, I still left an undeserved good tip. Please save your money and take your taste buds to a real Indian restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank maziarOttawa_Ontario
Dublin, Ireland
“A madras with coconut?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Staff were friendly, nice atmosphere in the restaurant which is off the beat and track but certainly not a top notch Indian. My starter tasted like big fat lumps of deep fat fried onions. The waitress then warned us that we were ordering very spicy main courses, one being the prawn madras which had coconut shavings in it.... it was not even a medium on the spice scale!! An affordable eat but not worth the trek to get there.

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Authentic, inexpensive, and oh-so-good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful, savoury Indian food at a great price. Can't beat their 5$ veggie Thali lunch (6$ for dinner)!

(Note that the restaurant was renovated in the past year or so, so the pictures you see here are not up-to-date.)

• Visited March 2013