“Medieval geek, welcome to paradise !”

Auberge Du Dragon Rouge
Ranked #293 of 5,724 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Barbecue, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For the past 23 years we've been feasting and drinking with wild merriment! Wild boar is the house speciality. Ale and mead will help you go through our "gargantuan" servings. Every night there is musician to liven up the atmosphere. Up early? We serve "break fast" saturdays and sundays morning. Ever try wild boar bacon or dragon's egg?!? It's a must! Come summer time we have a superb terrace to enjoy the sunny days. Born out of mind of a "gamer" (D&D and the like), L'Auberge du Dragon Rouge as become a destination for feasting and drinking plenty!
Montreal, Canada
“Medieval geek, welcome to paradise !”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you hate everything medieval and if you want a quiet place to eat with a fork, stay away !!! Otherwise, come eat great food with your bare hands while listening to bards and minstrels. Yell at your server to get beer, slam your hand on your table and, if you feel strong enough, drink the blood of the dragon...

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank jflafond

Gatineau
“Very entertaining”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've had always wanted to go there and found myself ordering a medieval inspired dish... I dined alone but it didn't felt like it as the athmoshere was congenial... I will return but this time with a few friends to be able to enjoy the experience to its fullest... Tout est en français... Loved it

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank 7jeannie
ottawa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We were at the wrong place at the wrong time.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you decide to make a reservation for this place you should know what you are getting yourself into. Make sure you ask a lot of questions to the personnel who takes the reservation. The animation is really for an intoxicated crowed. That is what this place is all about. If you are not drunk, you will NOT enjoy this place. If you want to drink and have a good time while you wait (forever) for your food, it’s the place. After we waited for our food, for TWO hours, we just could not take it any longer and had to leave. They made me pay for my diner and I realized later that they also charged me for gratuity (15%). We went there for my father bday and they manage to ruin an evening that was meant to be special. I really cannot understand how they manage to get good ratings for this place.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank chris g
Montreal, Canada
“Lots of great laughs were had!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were a group of 28 people. We chose their sex theme show (not what you think...it was funny jokes and songs and stuff like that). It was absolutely hilarious! The servers are in period costume and so are the performers. The show is all done in French so you need a very good understanding of the language. A lot of the grammar they use is the French from that period. We had a blast!

The food is stuff like duck (canard), wild boar (sanglier), some type of wild meat (Gibier), another type of bird (pintade). The homemade bread was delicious....try the honey butter, it was fantastic!! The food wasn't bad, I had the wild boar in a beer sauce with mushrooms and that was really good. It is expensive....$49.95 + drinks + tax + tip. It is not a place where you go every week, but as a fun thing to do as a group! By the way, they include the type on the bill for you, so it is up to you if you want to leave them more.

There are other themes to choose from on their website - www.oyez.ca. Have a fun and enjoy!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank achristinap
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“apparantly the duck was...”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

apparantly the duck was amazing, I asked a week in advance to get something vegetarian, they accepted, but at the end, I payed 45$ for chick peas with carrots on which they forgot to put the cilantro. the entertainment was...ok, weird but ok.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook