“Excellent steak”

Ranked #2,382 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
“Excellent steak”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice casual friday night dinner. We were with a local who suggested we come here for a relaxed dinner & good steak

Service was good. Only issue was our order was lost and we waited almost a hr for our main meals which was not ideal. The servers were very apologetic but waiting such a lengthy period of time was way too long. However, we weren't too concerned as we were enjoying drinking our wine.

Calamari was good but overpriced for portion size. Fillet mignon was excellent, cooked to perfection. Possibly one of the best cooked steaks I've ever had. It's BYO too which is great!

• Visited July 2013

Ozark, Missouri
“Excellent from bread to profiteroles”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Fantastic food with reasonable prices. Steak great and can bring own beer. The profiteroles are the best I ever had a great dessert option.

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“lovely lunch”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I liked the convenience and the service. Food was excellent with the seafood platter that I would expect from such a restaurant. Will definitely try an evening meal in the restaurant. The only downside was that no alcoholic drinks were served at lunch time

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Good as usual”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went few other places of Steak an d Frites but always good :)
Nice staff and tasty :)
on the table you can see some water to sell bu you cam take regular water by the way ;)

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sub-par food, rushed, overcharged and severely unsatisfied.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

In all honesty I would never be one to put a "hate on" for a restaurant, or even bother to write a review for that matter. But despite having an awful experience tonight, I wasn't going to until I actually looked at my bill. I'm a Montreal local and a waitress/bartender. I've been to all three locations of "steak frites" a few times, although not my "favourite" I've always enjoyed my experience. Being Four industry people, we were highly insulted with the service of the restaurant, not necessarily our waiter, he wasn't great, but it wasn't entirely his fault. We were told we had to order immediately because the kitchen was closing in 30 minutes, that was fine--no problem. The problem came when our food was literally SLAMMED in front of our faces we all rushed to eat. My plate of mushrooms as my side for my steak came 20 minutes before my steak. Our steaks finally arrived when we overheard the waiter frantically asking a kitchen worked AS HE WAS LEAVING if they were even making our food.

Our steaks arrived, ALL of which were undercooked severely. No one came by to ask if our food was ok until we were finished our meals. We were a little afraid to even ask for a coffee at the end of a meal they were rushing us so bad. We paid the bill-- and because we are used to spending a decent amount on steaks for two we didn't mind the 94.00 bill. Until later we realized, it was bring your own wine and we werent paying for our alcohol. They had overcharged us 36.00 for a filet mignon. By this time we had already left and didn't even bother to return.

All in all, unfortunately after this terribly negative rant, I would never recommend giving your money to this establishment, it's seems clear that when you've established a franchise in downtown Montreal, they don't really care about customer service anymore.

It's too bad, could've been great.

• Visited June 2013