“Ick ....”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed November 7, 2011

just didnt like it at all. Very salty, not very authentic and there was hair in my saag.

1  Thank akyraty

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have been going to this restaurant since I first found it as a student in the mid 1980s, and made a point of going every single time I have visited Montreal since then. They consistently have the best foundations to their meals (the rice and nan) and masterfully prepared bases to their curries. The service has always been "leisurely", and I appreciate not being rushed out of the restaurant to free up the table. It is the standard by which I judge other Indian restaurants.

1  Thank CT_outwest
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Some of the best Indian Food I've experienced - including India. Try the fixed menu meals for 2. Had CC - samosas the best ever!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I love Indian food. This was a recommendation from a member of our hotel staff. A very small place, but a large menu. There was only one other couple in the restaurant when we were seated, but by the time we left there were a number of people eating.

The food was very good and we really enjoyed it. Although, our waiter definitely needs to go to customer service school.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was the worst Indian food experience in all of Montreal. The sag paneer was a dry curry instead of how it's normally served. The spices weren't properly minced and the aroma of all the food was the same. The food was tasteless and bland, lukewarm - and any spiciness to it was more from pepper rather than actual flavouring. We were kept waiting quite some time as well. The peas in the mutter paneer tasted as though they were dunked into the dish as an afterthought - there was absolutely no even blending of the spices - there were hardly any to blend, it felt like!

I cook Indian food when the mood strikes me, and I'm no expert...but I'm pretty sure I can cook a better meal than what we found at Asha's.

1  Thank arackheart