“Good food; great service”
Review of Bonaparte

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Cross street: Notre-Dame
Transit: Station de metro Place d'Armes Place D'Armers Metro station
Description: Four star French classic restaurant located in Old Montreal.
Reviewed September 9, 2016

We went to Bonaparte for both lunch and dinner and were very pleased with the experience. Although one may not think of Bonaparte as a good place for very young children (the set up is very elegant and lavish), the staff made us feel welcomed and took good care of us. If we are ever in town, we will stop by!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed September 9, 2016

This was a memorable experience: the food, the service, the attention to detail (flowers, lighting, presentation, etc.)

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on our last night in Montreal.

The food we had was phenomenal, although I can only tell you about two dishes, the lobster Bisk and the duck breast, as we both had the exact same thing and I would get both again next time I visit. I would say the duck was only second too a duck breast I had while in Paris.

The wait staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. We made reservations and showed up a half hour early...as to our surprise our table was ready to go.

The room provided a very nice upscale setting. The only downfall comes from the construction outside that made the restaurant harder to find and did not add to the view from the window.

Otherwise if you are looking for good French cuisine this side of the ocean, I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We went for a light dinner after a tiring day of travel. First stop was at the bar. Our bartender, Marc, could not have been more accommodating. Friendly, knowledgeable and eager to please. We were then shown to our table by George, the maître d...very friendly and welcoming. And our server, Katherine, made us feel like we were old friends. All of our questions were answered with polite expertise. The food was absolutely delicious! We especially enjoyed the perfectly prepared steak tartare and the mushroom ravioli was a "party in your mouth." You won't be disappointed. A must place to dine in Old Montreal!!! We will be back before we leave.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were joined by two dear friends for a dinner celebrating my birthday. Truly an outstanding evening! Great service, elegant decor, very low noise level, and most importantly, awesome food! I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a memorable fine-dining experience.

Date of visit: August 2016