“Begin with breakfast!”
Review of Bonaparte

Bonaparte
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonaparte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 5,719 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Notre-Dame
Transit: Station de metro Place d'Armes Place D'Armers Metro station
Description: Four star French classic restaurant located in Old Montreal.
Halifax
“Begin with breakfast!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are staying in or near Bonaparte, don't miss breakfast. And although my companions seem happy with all the options on the Bonaparte breakfast menu, my choice never varies. I always have the French toast (pain dore -- but I don't know how to insert the accent on my iPad). Croissants, fruit, yoghurt, muffins, all are served with it, but the French toast is the best I have had anywhere.

The dinner menu is not large, but always outstanding, featuring classic French preparation, with local ingredients at reasonable prices. I have dined at Bonaparte about a dozen times and have never been disappointed in the food, service, or wine. The only complaint I have is that the restaurant can be very noisy when it is crowded, as it inevitably is on weekends, and the coffee tends to be weak, although it has improved in the last year. The cheeses are always delicious.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Pork with a twist”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went there for a business meeting, all 3 of us got in there and noticed the pork on the lunch menu. Got a marvelous presentation, very tender pork and almost licked out plates. Wonderful taste blend.

Service was excellent, wine choice is good too.

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Enjoyable Traditional French Restaurant”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Bonaparte is located in old Montreal on a side street near the Notre Dame Basilica. The room is attractive. The restaurant offers several fixed price menus as well as a la carte selections. My wife and I opted for the least expensive fixed price dinner and were not disappointed. My wife's trout was well prepared as was my pork. From beginning to end the meal was competently and well prepared, but not particularly surprising. This is not imaginative fare, but if you are looking for a tasty, enjoyable meal in a romantic surrounding at a reasonable price Bonaparte would be an excellent choice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank phillyshrink
Toronto, Canada
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

In a touristy part of the city this restaurant is impossible to beat. Comfortable surroundings, good service and classic unpretentious French cooking at fair prices. We visited on a Tuesday night and the dining room was full. We all ordered from the table d'hôte which was $35 including coffee! All the food was tasty and well-presented. The wine list is impressive but not intimidating; we ordered a great Bordeau for $55, but a connoisseur could spend $7000 on a grand cru.

This gem of a restaurant should be on every visitors to do list!

Visited April 2013
Schenectady, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What can we say a divine evening”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

To celebrate our anniversary we stayed at the Auberge Bonaparte and then had dinner at the Bonaparte. We had the Table Du H'ote (6 course) I never like to use hyperbole, but we truly had a phenomenal dinner experience! The duck and lamb were expertly prepared, retaining their rich flavor. The selection is in the best example of french cuisine. The wait staff is very attentive, but never rushed us all evening even though the restaurant was very full. Ask to be seated in one of the upper alcoves we enjoyed watching the flow of meals being served as we enjoyed our own. Breakfast was excellent each morning and the staff were friendly and met each of our requests.

• Visited April 2013