“Great food, great service”

Pizzeria Jacques Cartier
Ranked #3,526 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We were, as many do, walking along the Place looking for a good place for dinner, and this one offered a special on Mussels and Fries... the hostess and the server were both so warm and friendly and the price sounded good, so we ventured in. We had the most delicious Mussels, cooked exactly right, the seasoning and broth perfect. I substituted a garden salad for the Caesar and it was fantastic. The dressing was delicious and the salad itself green, crisp and tasty. The service once seated was excellent. I've seen other reviews... and they don't describe at all the experience we had. I know good mussels from mediocre... and these were wonderful. And the portion size very very generous too!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mary M

Decatur, Illinois
“Fun Place”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our first visit to Old Montreal we were walking along checking out different menus for dinner. The menu appealed to us along with heated outside dining.

We were looking for French comfort food so we ordered escargot, salad Niscoise and frites, sharing them all. The escargot came covered in melted cheese...never had it that way before, but YUM! The salad and frites were just what we wanted and the frites came with mayonaise.

We had a great server, the heaters kept us warm and we were seranaded by an accordion player playing many of our French favorites. (My wife went to tip him for playing La Vie En Rose and the accordian player didn't know the song, just knew the tune.)

Very enjoyable place. We recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Wonderful pizza! The waitress was one of the best, very freindly. The weather turned cooler and went inside. The decor is fair, needs some renovation. The location is super and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“Great pizza, great service, great location!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Jacques Cartier is one of the best restaraunts that I've ever been to! The location was wonderful, with a view of the St. Lawrence River as well as some local musicians playing some nice music. Our waitress was excellent, she was really nice and kind. And the pizza... IT WAS AMAZING!! It was the best pizza I've ever had! it was absolutely perfect except for the crust being a little crunchy. Otherwise it was one of the greatest meals I've ever had.

• Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
“FORCED TO PAY FOR A REALLY BAD SOUP!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I went there with my girl and some friends just expecting to have a good time.
We ordered Pizza, that was so so. It was not bad but not good for a Pizzeria.
I ordered a lobster soup that wasn't good so I complained and at the end they waiter told me that I had to pay the soup otherwise he would be forced to pay for it and he didn't want to pay for it. So to make a long story short, I had to pay for a bad soup. FOR SURE I AM NOT COMING BACK TO THIS PLACE!!

• Visited July 2011