“A fun time and good food too”

Wienstein & Gavino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wienstein & Gavino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 6,065 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: rue Sainte-Catherine
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Montreal on the famous Crescent Street, Wienstein & Gavino's is bursting with energy seven days a week. With three floors featuring everything from an impressive open kitchen to a sprawling outdoor terrace to a four-sided bar, W&G caters to all tastes while maintaining a rustic Mediterranean atmosphere.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've been to this place a number of times and thought an update was called for. We enjoyed dinner there on a Friday night in the summer. Think windows open on the second floor with a view onto Crescent street. Perfect evening - perfect temperature! Although we were a large group the process of being seated was handled well and service overall was efficient and attentive. Without exception, everyone was happy with their meal - most folks opting for one of the pizzas. I sampled a small piece of several and all were interesting. I strongly recommend the $40 sampler appetizer. It is excellent and particularly good if you are sharing. In my view there is enough food in that for four people (and you may not need much else)

A word to the pinhead who wrote that the portions are small. I have to wonder - did he go to this restaurant at all. If I had to be critical of the portion size it would be that they are too large. My seafood risotto was much more than I could eat!

The cautions that should be noted are that when the restaurant is VERY busy service can be a bit uneven and the place become seriously noisy. It is certainly not the place for a quiet romantic dinner. Nor is it gourmet dining. If you are expecting/wanting gourmet dining then there are other (many other) places to go in Montreal. This is solid fare and a reasonable price in a fun atmosphere on one of Montreal's most vibrant streets.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Right on Crescent - very virbrant environent, great food, nice atmosphere with good service and fresh bread...

(too) large portions, very tasty

will come back ;-))

Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you like Italian cuisine especially octopus and squid this place cannot be missed; I've come to this location for many years and it is always superb. Crescent Street seems to have lots of action because there are many restaurants and clubs here. Pick an outside balcony upstairs so that you can enjoy the busy street while getting superb service and magnificently prepared foods.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went there on our last night in Montreal. We were craving Italian food and the recommended places by Marché Jean-Talon weren't open while we were in the area. So we went to this place recommended by the concierge at our hotel. It was huge and w had no problem getting seated on a Saturday night. We were a family of four so we got designated to the family section on the third level right by the wait-staff station- needless to say I was dubious at first. Well, the service was outstanding - our waters were kept full and the bread and pesto that they serve at the table kept appearing no matter how much we ate. We ordered lasagna, vitello al marsalla and misto di mare and I do not agree to some of the reviews I've read in regards to portion - they were huge. As far as flavor goes I found their tomato sauce to be somewhat on the sweet side (not unseasoned, just sweet) but I chalked it up to regional influence. The noodles (especially the lasagna noodles) were delicious and excellently cooked. We did not do dessert there as the neighborhood had some nice looking gelaterias that we wanted to try instead. All in all I thought it was a good value for the price and cannot extoll the service enough. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have visited several times. Neat restaurant, two floors old building. Food has always been great- service has been slow the past couple of times.