“God Italian !”

Wienstein & Gavino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wienstein & Gavino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: rue Sainte-Catherine
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Montreal on the famous Crescent Street, Wienstein & Gavino's is bursting with energy seven days a week. With three floors featuring everything from an impressive open kitchen to a sprawling outdoor terrace to a four-sided bar, W&G caters to all tastes while maintaining a rustic Mediterranean atmosphere.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent service for a family, very welcoming staff. Food is great, italians classics, everything !

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The location and the food were good. I can't say otherwise. But the whole experience was just horrible as both times I have been there, the waiters / waitresses were really rude, service was awfully slow, and on top of that, prices were a bit too high for what you get. Last time (and it will be the LAST time) I was there with a few other people, the waitress started cleaning our table halfway through our dinner. We weren't even done with our food when she picked up the plates and gave us the bill without even asking if we wanted desert. Paying 50-60$ per person and getting that kind of treatment? No thanks.

1  Thank Dig M
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took my family for a celebratory meal and was very disappointed. I didn't complain because I didn't want to ruin the evening. Completely indifferent service (which included bringing a cheaper version of the wine we ordered and literarily dumping pram cheese on our main dishes, crashing dishes at wait station right behind out table, etc) and overly creamy, bland pasta dishes and a salad which included the cheapest, tasteless olives. So much good food in Montreal (which had at two other restaurants over the weekend) but I made a mistake of going to this big touristy food factory.

2  Thank maryladkyhk
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited Montreal over Valentine's Day and selected W&G because we've had a good experience here in the past. We were planning to attend an event that evening and I was worried it might be busy on Valentine's Day so I wanted a reservation (I booked 6 days before our trip). I was delighted that I could make my reservation online and the restaurant responded quickly to confirm my request. We were seated efficiently and provided with a special Valentine's Day menu. Both our meals were excellent, we especially liked the chocolate cake. It has been a while since we've been here and I forgot about the building and interior decoration which is relaxing yet really interesting. Thanks for another great meal!

1  Thank snickerseg
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I arrived at W&G and was immediately impressed by the ambiance. The staff were very helpful and I was shown to my table. My drink order was taken quickly and my drink was delivered quickly. The drink was perfect!

As people showed up, their drink ordrs were taken and their drinks showed up equally fast.

Once we were all there we ordered a variety of salads and appetizers. My Insalata mediteranea
was exactly what I wanted. I do not olives and I forgot to ask them to hold those, but that was my fault. Others ordered the Insalata caprese, the Calamari fritti and the Polpo alla griglia. Everything was well plated and the reactions of the other guests was that their respective dishes were as delightful as mine.

The main dishes were equally impressive. I had the Pollo alla parmigiana, which had a humungous piece of chicken and a mountain of linguini aglio e olio. It was heavenly. I do not remember what the other guests ordered, but everyone enjoyed their meal.

As it was a birthday celebration, the restaurant brought out a piece of the Torta al cioccolato
with a lit sparkler and we sang a very off key "Happy Birthday". The cake was light and fluffy, and it was perfect. Death by Chocolate lived up to its name.

Our server was very friendly, very attentive and he really added to the evenings enjoyment!

I would eat at Wienstein & Gavinos agin and I recommend it wholly!

1  Thank Doug D