“Great downtown Montreal style Bistro...”

Wienstein & Gavino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wienstein & Gavino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: rue Sainte-Catherine
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Montreal on the famous Crescent Street, Wienstein & Gavino's is bursting with energy seven days a week. With three floors featuring everything from an impressive open kitchen to a sprawling outdoor terrace to a four-sided bar, W&G caters to all tastes while maintaining a rustic Mediterranean atmosphere.
Toronto, Canada
“Great downtown Montreal style Bistro...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I think of Montreal style ambiance - this fits the bill...Granted it's noisy, it's on two floors and the sound carries everywhere, but the exposed brick, small tables, incredible wait staff, good menu at a fair price, make this a worthwhile place for an evening out with friends... Started out with the bruchetta, a wonderful presentation very very good, followed by a seafood salad with scallops, shrimp, walnuts, argula, and cranberries (yummy yummy) and only $9.00, and then mussells marnina...excellant.... friends, had a steak (loved it) and pasta, also excellent... Really can't go wrong here... just sit back and enjoy...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank terrill03

Shelburne, Vermont
“I return here often”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A frequent visitor to MTL, I find this place friendly and consistently strong on food. Homemade pasta is wonderful (add the grilled chicken!) l, as is the mini-loaf of bread that comes with dinner. When solo, I usually sit at bar. Have had terrific, friendly service each time. Love sitting on the terrace in nice weather. On Crescent Street, great for people watching. Can be a bit overwhelming on nights when Canadians are at home (especially if Bruins or Rangers fan are about!). Let them clear out, then head in if you're not going to the game yourself (assuming NHL hockey returns at some point). I love it for early supper/late lunch. I've taken first time visitors here with me and it's a safe choice as vegetarians, non=pasta folks, and kids are all equally happy. Something for everyone, all well-prepared.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mike R
Bellingham, Washington
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were looking for a place to have dinner one night and came across this restaurant with an advertised special of Filet Mignon and a glass of wine for $25. Reluctantly we gave it a shot.

Upon entering we found the restaurant to be MUCH larger than it appeared from the outside and very vibrant. Again from the outside it appeared much more subdued but that was fine by us. We both order the special and were VERY impressed. An 8oz Filet Mignon served on a bed of roast potatoes with green beans on top. I RARELY order steak in a restaurant as I am RARELY pleased with the result. But I can tell you this was a pleasure! Cooked to perfection and the 8 oz was plenty. The wine as expected was nothing to write home about but regardless the meal was excellent! We would definitely go back to try something other if we had the opportunity.

• Visited November 2012
“LOVE this restaurant!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love this place! The atmosphere is wonderfull, cozy and classy and somewhat romantic. They serve unlimited freshly baked bread with a pesto sauce that is to die for. Their pasta dishes are delicious and large enough to feed me for two days! I however, always have their steak which is reasonably priced at $33. It is by far the BEST STEAK I have ever had at a resturant and I've been to international steak houses and paid $200 + for a meal. Recommend to anyone!

Visited September 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“very nice place to eat”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

we had osso buco, a spaghetti dish and gnocchi. for starters the calamari was wonderful, the bread hot and the beer cold. the pastas all fresh, but my osso buco seemed like it was over cooked. the sauce was very dark and the meat falling apart. service was very good and the atmosphere was charming. it is a busy restaurant and quite popular. for very fresh pasta, it's the place to go. we were tempted to get a pizza, but had no room for it. the meals are right sized. same with dessert, no room for it. wine list looked interesting.

• Visited October 2012