“Terrible attitude, disrespectful, rude and delivery guy almost even got physical”

Angela Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #3,866 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We just ordered from this restaurant. After waiting nearly 1 hour for our food to arrive the interact machine did not work. Meanwhile my friend had already eaten a slice of pizza. The delivery guy wanted to leave with the food and the money and return in an another hour. I found this to be unacceptable as this was the restaurants mistake not ours and insisted they should apologize for the mistake and give is the pizza for free as any restaurant would do. The delivery guy insinuated that his bosses were jerks and would make him pay for it and insisted I call the restaurant to explain the situation. Upon phoning the restaurant I was told they would not be muscled by some client and they would be leaving with the food and giving us nothing. Accept ruder and with curse words. I told them I was not going to ever order from them again and thought the ordeal would be over, however the delivery guy then insisted that we owe him for the slice of pizza we ate and got belligerent over it, we offered him 3 dollars for it and he told us off and became physically threatening and we almost had to physically remove him from our apartment. Needless to say this place is a joke that has never even heard of the words customer service. We will never be calling again.

7  Thank TheDavidBlack

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hadn't had it in years. just ordered it tonight, and should have gone to a dollar-slice joint. Yeah they deliver smokes and booze all night, too, but you'd be better off taking a cab somewhere else. Good ingredients but nothing special and not even close to worth the price anymore.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

One night around 3a my dog needed to go out, and I was surprised to see a guy delivering food. I'm so glad I stopped and asked him where he worked. He was really nice and had great things to say about the restaurant.
We ordered from here about a week later and was not disappointed in the least. I ordered the manicotti with rose sauce, which was so good, with gooey cheese melted all over. The portion was huge!! My boyfriend ordered the fish and chips which was crispy (hard to do with delivery), moist, and awesome. He was hesitant about ordering it, since its not a "fish and chips place". He said it was just as good if not better than some of his favourite places. The cole slaw was awesome. We even spoiled ourselves with their cheesecake which is devine and so rich.
Overall, this place is amazing. The best part, we don't have to go anywhere to get a great, afforable meal. Bonus they deliver into the wee hours of the morning.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love Pizza and it takes a superb pizza to make me go back for more and Angela's is one of those places. I have 3 favorite places for Pizza. This place is # 2. I've tried their other dishes as well and have never been disappointed. They have a varied menu and the price is certainly right. I have no hesitation recommending Angela's for your dining pleasure. So if you are in the downtown area stop by, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

been loving the pizza for decades BUT i recommend ordering in only. the dining room experience leaves me angry each time i go in person.

years ago, the main waitress (who is still employed there despite being terrible) screwed up our order, spilled water all over me, didn't give me cutlery and when i asked her for some, a butter knife came sliding onto the tabletop so it literally SPUN. besides, how should i cut through a thick doughy pizza (the good kind) with a butter knife? she later didn't refill our water until my dining companion faked a choking fit (we'd been waiting for an hour). when we didn't tip the waitress, she told us off. her boss had words with her, but it's unfortunate that after returning to the establishment years later, she was still there. bad as ever, and now on in age, having trouble to hear the customer, or see the menu. she serves a table of 4 by physically leaning into food rather than walk AROUND to each person on their side of the table. i've been billed prematurely because a shift change was coming up. is it a customer's concern that staff is going off duty? because you want your tip, you don't want us to pay the new person on duty? we haven't finished eating our meal and you assume we won't want dessert or coffee later? terrible customer service.

other waitresses are adequate.

there are now 2 signs in the window, "pizzaman wanted", and "cook wanted". we knew it was a risk, but we decided to have a snack and avoid the pizza. we were greeted by the very rude kitchen staff smoking on the entrance steps, "hey! take out?". we politely replied 'no' and entered the building, followed by the huffing and puffing cook/owner/notsurewhohewas. at midnight, we were the only customers - you'd think they would have appreciated the business.

we ordered dessert and drinks only, knowing the drinks come in cans, and the desserts are mostly not made in-house. i ordered a meatball sub to go. the waitress was BLASTED by the rude cook-person, saying people who want take-out need to order at the counter, and she's not allowed to seat them. we'd never heard this in all years dining here, and we WERE eating in the dining room, not ONLY asking for take-out.

the cake was good, but the baklava was incredibly dry. it tasted good, but shouldn't have had gotten stuck in my throat going down.

we secretly slipped the waitress her tips because we didn't want to leave them at the cash. the staff (apart from her) didn't deserve to split it up or 'assign' a percentage to her at their will. they also did not provide the "legal" bill with the special bar code at the bottom, only a hand-written one. after paying, i wanted to ask for the receipt, but the cashier just walked away. i had to ask a second guy to print me a bill, simply to see if they were tax evading. with a grimace, he handed me the real deal after typing up a brand new bill. i'm pretty sure they were not planning on declaring our table's order.

and the sub? DRY.