“Delicious Pizza”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The 16" pizza for the family along with the green salad was really a nice dinner for my family of four. The pizza was rich and in the right temperature. The menu needs more famous Italian dishes ..

1  Thank Ihab A

Reviewed August 7, 2013

During my student days at McGill, friends of mine lived in an apartment right above Amelio's. Every time we visited, we would salivate as the aroma from Amelio's could tempt anyone to overeat. Back then, we were too poor to actually eat at Amelio's regularly but every time we had a pizza, it was heavenly. Fast forward 20 years, I am back looking for Amelio's in the McGill Ghetto. It has moved from it's original location but the place looks the same - unassuming and simple, no frills. Most of all, the taste and smells were the same. We ordered a simple all-dressed pizza to share. I was surprised when two small bowls of salad with Italian vinaigrette arrived before our pizza. Thanks! As for the pizza, there was a lot of ooey gooey cheese atop medium spiced pepperoni. There was just enough vegetables to add to the juiciness of this simple pizza. The crust? Crunchy at first bite but tender all the way through. What a treat to return to some old haunts and to find out that they are still as good as they always were.

1  Thank 514Dale
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel concierge recommended Amelio's and we are so grateful that he did. There was a short line when we arrived but we were seated within 10 minutes. The menu had so many tempting items it was difficult to chose among them. I finally decided on the Eggplant Parmigiana and my husband had pizza with pepperoni. Both came with salad and hot bread. The salad was nothing unique but fresh and we embellished it with some grated cheese. The Eggplant and pizza however, were fantastic!. The Eggplant parm was not the typical fried and greasy eggplant--but had plump pieces of eggplant--not fried, chunky tomato sauce and was covered with cheese and baked until it was bubbly. Perfection! It was large enough that I had to take half home. The pizza was really, really good pizza. It wasn't a crispy thin crust pizza (which we usually opt for) but had a soft, flavorful doughy crust, covered with tomato sauce, cheese and lots of lean pepperoni (not the typical hard pepperoni) and baked in a coal fired oven. Yum! If we had more time in Montreal, we would have gone there again. Perhaps on another visit. Dinner for two with tax and tip came to aproximately $36.00.

1  Thank jonsha
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place is a little out of the way and very old school. No reservations and very busy but boy is it worth the wait for a table! The starter salads weren't great, mostly shredded carrots, cabbage and lettuce with oil and vinager dressing. The brought amazingly hot and fresh bread to the table...after we'd ordered garlic bread, but both were yummy. The french onion soup was super hot and very delicious! I had the penne arrabiata, very hearty and spicy (a few too many black olives for me though) and my friend had the fettuccine alfredo and said it was delicious too. The portions were so generous we couldn't finish our entrees, but we tried!
We'll be back again, next time I want to try the amazing looking pizza! This would be an excellent little spot to bring a first date for dinner, intimate, homey, good food and good service.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Awesome food and service. They were very friendly and the food came quick and was delicious! Check their website for their hours tho as they are only open Tuesday to Friday from approx 12 - 8 and Saturday 4 -8.