“Great Sushi at a Good Value”
Review of Tokyo Sushi Bar

Tokyo Sushi Bar
Ranked #2,024 of 5,996 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are from Hawaii and both my hubs and I were born in Japan, so we're kind of picky about our sushi. Tokyo Sushi did not disappoint! We ordered the sushi pizza, plus the ikura and spicy maguro, the soft shelled crab app and another roll - we were stuffed and couldn't eat it all! We also had four glasses of wine (two each) and our tab was $99. The restaurant is also located right in the old Vieux, close to the hotels, so it was an easy walk.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you do not want French food, then this is another option just down the road from the Centaur Theater on St. Paul Street...service is prompt and well timed, friendly and available in both French and English. The Chef's platter was a delight and tasted as if the fish had been freshly caught. We go to this restaurant even in winter when they offer hot Japanese soup to help warm up weary bones...Definitely a restaurant to add to a list...We kept calling to get reservations only to learn that they only open at 5:00 and respond accordingly...well worth the trip!

1  Thank MontrealFlorence
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Dinner was great! The food tasted fresh and delicious. The meals we got were very unique. I would recommend the Pizza, so good. We got 2!! I had the Mexico and my husband had the Rock and we enjoyed both. Our waiter and waitress were very nice. They were super friendly and added to the evening. I would recommend and go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This Japanise restaurant was just across from our hotel on Rue St- Paul.It was our second choice because there were no tables available at the Stash Cafe...a polish restaurant.It didn't matter because this place was wonderful.We went with the combination plate that the chef makes up himself.It was served so beautifully and was so good! I am mad at myself for forgetting to take a picture.If you like sushi..............just go.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The inside is striking with a beautiful tin ceiling and an open concept. It has a great view of St. Paul, so it is ideal for people watching and a nice sushi bar that allows you to watch the art of making sushi. I had a lunch special, the 10 piece maki midi which is made up completely of rolls. A chefs choice and I was very happy with the choices. To start you can have either mizo soup or salad, I opted for salad since it was a warm day. The dressing had been put on in advance and had separated, too bad really because it lost some of its flavour. There were Five different rolls, two of each type. A California roll made with perfectly ripe avacado, a delicious Kamikaze with tuna, a Vegetarian roll which was very tasty with a caramelized onion, a Dynamite roll that is properly named and a delicious chefs creation. Each week the chef creates a new maki and if it gets great reviews, it is added to the menu. It was a busy spot and that is always something I am happy to see at a sushi shop. 4 mmm,s out of 5