“Good Food, Good Service”

Restaurant Thailande
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Thailande is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #810 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St-Urbain
Montreal, Canada
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Restaurant Thailand is located in 'Mile End' - an area that is being gentrified. The establishment has two types of seating areas - traditional (sit on the floor against back rests .) and standard (tables and chairs).
The waiters, dressed in black, know all the subtleties of the menu, and are adept at explaining it. The soups, as well as the main courses, list the "add-ons" (beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, vegetables, etc.) These add-ons are , well, added in to the various types of dishes (e.g. green curry - just add chicken). All mains come with steamed rice or sticky rice
Main dishes are about $13 - $16, entrees are about $4 -$8. There is offered small selection of desserts. The place is very clean and fully wheel-chair accessible. There is a lot of street parking.
Some dishes are listed as "1 pepper or 2 peppers". The one pepper rating will not upset most average diners.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank stanita

Montreal
“Top Quality Thai Resto”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Thai resto has been on our list of regulars for years. Excellent food, service a little slow when very busy, no reservation problem as they have expanded into the adjacent building. The mango salad, their ravioli with a peanut sauce and the seafood "marmite" are amongst our favorites. Mention only one "spice" level (you can go up to three) unless you enjoy eating with a fire in your mouth!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JP3786
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious Thai fare.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Delicious food, pleasant and efficient service. The Table d'hôte is your best bet. Wine very reasonably priced.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service and food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My fiancee and her family brought me to this restaurant last weekend. When she told me that we'd be going for Thai food, I became very nervous because I'm deathly allergic to peanuts. As you all know, Thai food is infamous for the liberal use of peanut sauce and the like, so I worried. We got to the restaurant though, and informed the waitstaff of my problem. They were FANTASTIC about accommodating me and making sure I'd be safe. The vast majority of the dishes on the menu were actually safe for me to eat, but we had to make sure that nothing got cross-contaminated in the kitchen, and the staff here really went above and beyond to ensure this. The food was great too, although I did discover that I don't like lemongrass, and that Thai curry is different than other curries that I'm used to, and I wasn't in love with it. I had the duck, and it was wonderful, as well as a few of the soups. We were a large group, and everybody was happy with their food. It was, however, very expensive. Honestly, I'd never seen a restaurant bill that high. That said, I'd recommend this place for the most special of occasions, and I'd recommend it for a nut-allergic person who needs to be sure that they'll be eating Thai food in a safe and attentive environment.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Andrew F
“Endless wait....not worth waiting for!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I decided to return to this restaurant, which I had reviewed almost a year ago. The food has bern reasonable but the wait has been endless. I still stand for I wrote before.

1 Thank Amphiraion