“Awesome roast beef club for lunch”
Review of Magnan Restaurant - CLOSED

Magnan Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I saw this on the food netwrok, talking about how their roast for prime rib were aged forever and so delicious- I wasn't supr impressed by the prime rib but we went back for lunch and the beef club sandwich is to die for- a huge amount of meat so be warned but just delicious

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I recently went to the restaurant and could not believe how much it had changed over the years since my last visit. My wait-staff did not seem happy to be doing their work. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Order a beer....wait....wait. Order food....wait...wait. Finally things are served with a "pitch it on the table" finesse. The energy seems all wrong...a lot of staff running yet a lot of people waiting. Go figure. Cost vs value. Overpriced. I will not be going back. There are too many really good restaurants nearby that actually treat you like they appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Years ago, when this place was a tavern, it was the place to go for lunch. Hamburger steak with pepper sauce, mushrooms and onions, with a good beer was a knock-out. Then the place was opened to women. They changed the basement and transformed it to a "Brasserie".
Now all of that is gone. And a part of the quality of the food. The place still carries a good reputation, but for someone who used to be a regular there, the place barely stand comparisons.
Too bad, I had good memories of lunches taken there. Good old days are over.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Been there numerous times always consistent with regards to quality and value; Best roast beef in Montreal.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were recommended to this restaurant by several people claiming that they have the best prime rib in Montreal. We both had the 16 oz. cut and the beef, while tender, was only average. The flavor of the beef was overpowered by the extreme amount of peppercorns that were caked on the outside. Service was good, we had a young waitress that knew very little english and kept apologizing for it, we all laughed and joked about it and with a little pointing to the menu, our order was correct. I probably won't return next time I'm in Montreal.