“excellent polish food”

Ranked #11 of 5,929 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Polish cuisine done to perfection in a great atmosphere. Chip away at basic Polish dishes or dare to try more interesting options.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

A nice change from the typical french cuisine we had been eating all week- in fact it was our favorite restaurant on Rue St Paul after 4 days there.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family and I ate at Stash on a Saturday afternoon in June. We were taken to our table without any wait. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very nice. One of my wife's favorites in Montreal. We each tried something different but our overall favorite was the pierogis. They were some of the best that we have ever had (sorry Aunt Anne). The wine and beer selection was nice. We would definitely visit Stash again.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was alone and was guided to "bar" but that was ok. Nice place and live piano. Food was ok and decently priced. Menu was not super long and variety could have been a bit more, but I guess there is something for everyone. Merci.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here based on the reviews here. We ate a very early dinner (3:30 pm) so only one other couple in the place. We ordered the Table d'hote thinking it was a better bang for our buck and maybe that was our mistake. The soups were terrible. My husband ordered tomato soup which was nothing but salty bouillon with some paprika(?) to make it look tomatoey. I had a Polish soup made with the same bouillon but some milk added to make it look creamy (decidedly not creamy). The main course was a little better but not what I would call great. The pierogis were quite tasty as well as the kielbasa but the hunters stew, the sauerkraut and the boiled potatoes tasted microwaved or reheated somehow. The mustard condiment with my kielbasa was squirted right out of a French's bottle. All in all, I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank katm49
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had calves livers which were superb....my wife had sole which was also quite good. Service was somewhat lacking, but the overall atmosphere compensated for the mediocre service. I would go here again.