“Been here 3 times over 6 years, wait for a table, skip the take-out”
Review of Schwartz's

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Like the title, its less about the food, and more about the experience, so don't do the takeout side. you will feel ripped off on the price vs the size of the portions.

Also, grab a t-shirt, last time I was there, I think it was $10 for a shirt, thats cheaper then their sandwiches.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (6,986)

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Definitely the best smoke meat I had . There is always a lineup but definitely worth waiting for . Amazing

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Told my husband we can't go to Montreal and not have Swartz smoked meat sandwhich. I was disappointed. Husband said he wasn't impressed. Sorry, but I've had better in Toronto. Pickle and coleslaw wonderful

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

If you are in the area and craving a good smoked meat sandwich you will find it here. However, we didn’t feel Schwartz’s lived up to the hype and hundreds of 5 stars reviews. Yup, it was good, no doubt about it ... flavourful, juicy (not salty at all) meat, not much bread to detract from the meat, and we left full, but worth the $$ and the 25 min drive?... not really. Not sorry we went - you never know until you try something - but will try other places to dine. (FYI - cash or debit only, and you can’t get seated until everyone in your party is there, in case someone is trying to find parking)

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Definitely lives up to all the hype. My only regret is that I didn't go at the beginning of my trip so I would have time to go back. One of the best sandwiches I have ever had. They have take out next door if you don't want to wait in line to sit down. If you're in Montreal, you have to go to Schwartz!!