“creative sandwiches misnomer”

Santropol Cafe
Ranked #226 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
“creative sandwiches misnomer”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

what they do with sandwiches reinvents them great to look at even better to eat. Definite artistic vibe to the place

1 Thank jufu2

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“A long standing Montreal (Plateau) tradition - gotta go!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Café Santropol - introduced to the place way back in my youth (back in ''79!)
It was funky then and remains that way today - although better managed, with years of experience behind it and a penchant for selected social causes...
Introduced my wife years ago and more recently, our kids to this sometimes quirky restaurant - as soon as they could order and enjoy for themselves the massively huge creamcheese sandwiches made on home-baked bread, appreciate hearty soups, lots of veggie and fruit sides and enjoy it all with a decent iced-tea (while we bleary-eyed parents enjoyed a variety of coffees & teas) Santropol is a true 4 seasons place, single or family - just be patient and enjoy the Montreal buzz!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rocketman
Victoria, Canada
“One of the best sandwiches of my life!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went to the Santropol on the recommendation of a friend who used to live in the city and I am so thankful I took his advice. The vibe of the restaurant is fabulous and the sandwich and chai latte were some of the best I have ever had in my life. I ordered the "Killer Tomato" and loved it from the first to the last bite. The level of cream cheese spread that they put on the sandwiches is stellar. Add to that their heavenly fresh and delicious bread and you have a sandwich that you will be dreaming about for days. Trust me. After my divine sandwich I ordered a Chai latte to sip at while I did some work. It too was off the charts delicious. My only complaint would be that it could have been a bit hotter. The atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming and I didn't feel strange for setting up shop for a couple of hours and just hanging out. It was a great dining/studying experience and I can't wait to go back and try as many other things on the menu as possible.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Rachel B
“UNBELIEVABLE FOOD!!! 👍”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The best chicken salad salad I have EVER eaten! Wish they made salads like this in the USA. Tomatoe soup was so warm and flavorful and the split pea soup was good too but not my favorite. Everyone should try this place! A local spot for sure.

1 Thank Ashd0307
Montreal, Canada
“I love those student's bistro”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We sat there, the 3 of us after shopping: we had healthy food, very good sandwiches with lettuce and vegetables. They had very good herbal teaé And,m we had time to talk

Visited January 2013