“Best cheesecake in the world”
Review of Rockaberry - CLOSED

Rockaberry
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place has the absolute BEST cheesecake in the world. It's very light and creamy. There are several varieties, but the best are the plain cheese, the Oreo and the apple. (A few (the caramel fudge) have brownie base, but the brownie was nothing special.) Coffee, tea available, but this is just average. The star attraction is the dessert case.

Staff is friendly, and effortlessly switch to English if your French is poor, like mine.

This is worth the trip to Montreal alone. If you go, bring me back a slice.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We really stopped for pie, but we also ordered lunch since it was late in the afternoon and we hadn't eaten since an early breakfast. The lunch was fine; nothing terrible or problematic, just nothing to write home about either.

The pies were phenomenal. I had the Rockaberry Brownie a la mode. You can skip the a la mode, since there is a generous whipped topping. The chocolate was rich and decadent.

HOWEVER...I should have gone with a crumble! My husband had the apple cheese crumble which was just amazing. I would have been truly happy with just the crumble part, but he loved the added apples and cheesecake.

Recommend just heading in for the pies!

1  Thank MomOnTheGo88
Reviewed September 6, 2013

words cannot explain this place..simply amazing service and food..great for all ages..prices are acceptable..a must for anyone having a sweet tooth

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I went to Rockaberry on St Denis; we weren't ready for the pies immediately so we ordered a tea and a coffee in the beginning. We received our order however, the owner told us "If you do not order more stuffs, then you cannot stay here. I have other people who is waiting for tables." I looked around and noticed the restaurant was not even half-full. The 3rd floor was completely empty. I told him, "Yeah, but there's no one waiting. What about the empty tables on the 3rd flr? I'm not ready to order any pies for now." He goes, I don't want to open the 3rd floor.
We couldn't believe how rude he was. Although I was planning on ordering a pie, my friend and I decided to leave, due to his zero customer service. My friend was so upset and told him, "We won't ever come back here." He had the nerve to reply to her "That's fine with me."

I do not understand how somone with zero people skills like him, work in a restaurant business.
In any case, my friend and I are filing a complaint to the head office about his rude behaviour. We will never ever go back to this place, the one on St Denis.

3  Thank shakira2015
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This year my family opted for a birthday pie rather than a cake, I love chocolate and they have a wide variety of chocolate pies but I am becoming a fan of their raspberry crumble pie!