“Overall good experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went to Roberto's for a function recently. It was my fist time there. I had heard about it many times so my expectations were high. The food was very good, although pricey. We had a set menu to choose from given we were a big group which was disappointing as we could not order off the menu. The choices were somewhat varied but the prices were high. The service was left to be desired unfortunately, perhaps because we were a big group ? Our waiter did not seem to be too pleased that night, hardly smiled at all and the service was very, very slow. Most of our party had received & paid for their bills while others were still waiting to have their desserts served.....which arrived along with the bill at the same time.

I would try it again without a big group to see if the experience was better. It's too bad as the food was really really good. Had the service been better, this would have been a really good experience but given the lack of service we got, I would rate as very good based on the food alone, not factoring in the service.

1  Thank MC_TravelChickie

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've frequented Roberto several times (mostly for birthday parties) and have never been disappointed with the food or service. I recommend you reserve in advance since the wait to be seated (even with a reservation) can be lengthy. If you are a party of more than 8 people, try to reserve the private Onyx Room. You get more privacy since the restaurant's main dining room can get loud at times. Lastly, you must try their Zepolli, granitas and gelatos! Buon apetito!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

A long wait, but perhaps the closest to a good ice cream only available in Italy.
Service is lousy!
A long wait which only my son,s persistence, forced us to taste a great ice cream.
If a better management was operating this facility//////////// it would be the ICE CREAM SPOT for Montreal!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Restaurant is not very good. Went twice, both times very disappointed. Rubbery lukewarm scaloppine, and lasagna which was smothered in a over sweetened tomato sauce. "granite"- (smothering w/ cheese and broiling ) didn't save this dish at all... The gelati however are truly fantastic, one of the best in Montreal!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

14 of us were in private room, owner greeted us during our wait. He was very nice, he should have served us. We had a miserable waiter called Samuel, really not a patient guy, he was more interested in selling us bottles of wine than serving. Service was very slow and the food was ok, I have had better in Montreal at a cheaper price, we were also given a special menu used for large groups, some of us asked Samuel for other menu used in resturant and he was visibility annoyed to accommodate us. Would not go back.