“Food Ok, service not ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Roberto
Ranked #753 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
“Food Ok, service not ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

14 of us were in private room, owner greeted us during our wait. He was very nice, he should have served us. We had a miserable waiter called Samuel, really not a patient guy, he was more interested in selling us bottles of wine than serving. Service was very slow and the food was ok, I have had better in Montreal at a cheaper price, we were also given a special menu used for large groups, some of us asked Samuel for other menu used in resturant and he was visibility annoyed to accommodate us. Would not go back.

Montreal
“Just like being in Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Had a Friday meals with friends and family. A nice way the end the week with lots of laughs and food. I found the service to be slow (it took 45 minutes before we could even order) but it gave us time to chat and chuckle. We were happy they gave us the last minute reservation as the place was very busy. All of the pasta dishes were excellent as was the bruschetta, buffalo mozzarella and pomodoro. I had a rosemary-pork dish which was a specialty but I found it to be very bland with some overcooked potatoes underneath. I think I will stick to the more traditional Italian food next time there as we will return!

The desserts were to die for and after eating mine and tasting the others I almost did die of a sugar overdose. By the way.... they have a store downstairs where you can buy many of the menu items. I suggest you pay it a visit and bring some goodies home. Parking was not a problem and the tables offer lots of leg room. Figure about 2 - 2.5 hours for the meal. Price for four including wine and tip is around 200 $

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
“The BEST PASTA in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

This review is for the restaurant on the second floor.
I was there for my birthday. We were 20 on a Saturday night. Even though it was a Saturday and the restaurant was packed... the food, the service and the ambiance were really nice. The whole evening was charming. It is for sure amongst the very BEST PASTA I have ever had. Having been to Italy a few times, I know good pasta... It is the owner's mother's recipe. The sauces for the pasta are creative and well balanced. Over and above they have excellent braised meats on the menu. The prices are very competitive. They have excellent pizza too and the vinaigrette for the salad was excellent.

The owner, greeted us at the entrance and we asked if we could have a drink at the cozy, open concept bar, just as you enter. It was «Yes of course». We waited for the whole group to arrive while having drinks... very nice. The restaurant has private imports from Italy not available in stores in Montreal and one of my favorites is Lambrusco. We proceeded to our table. And again even though the restaurant was full, our table was in a quiet corner and ready on time. All in all the whole experience was appreciated by all the group. I have returned a few times since then and have received the same warm greeting and quality service.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank MariejoLorraine
Montréal, Canada
“Ugh!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I hadn't been to an old favorite, Crèmerie Roberto, in years and was looking forward to having diner there with friends. Greeting OK, not many people on a Tuesday evening. I order a glass of wine and a plate pf pasta, my friend orders water and pasta. the waiter looks disappointed.
After an interval, the pasta arrives, but no wine. The waiter forgot, he doesn't apologize and seems put out by my request. I reorder the wine. He takes away the nice wine glass and brings me an INAO glass of Chianti. This makes me feel that since I'm too cheap to order a bottle, I can't have a nice glass.
The pasta is homemade but overcooked. The carbonara sauce is tepid and not particularly tasty. A disappointing dish.
While waiting for my friend's coffee, I go to the washroom and find a roach crawling over the hand towels. Ugh!
We get our bills, they mixed up our orders on our bills. We figure it out by ourselves not wanting to deal with the surly waiter again.
Maybe it was just one bad day, I don't know but I don't intend to go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Longueuil, Canada
“Excellent food, service was well looked after”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

The owner is greeting you and gives you the impression that you are important. The best calzone pizza. They have a private wine collection offered by the glass at a very reasonable prize for the quality. The wait for the pizza showes you that it is made only to your order. The service is well attention.

• Visited August 2011