“Fine food, service”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Saint Catherine
Transit: Peel Street Metro, Windsor train station, Lucien Lallier Metro station
Description: Located in downtown Montreal, Restaurant Bis is the perfect place to see and be seen! We're known to host Hollywood stars during their stay in "The City of Saints" and we've even been awarded Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence for two straight years. Our diverse and exciting meal options, including our "under 495 calorie" menu, and our wide selection of fine Italian wines are what makes us a popular destination for the most discerning palettes! Book your table at Restaurant Bis, and enjoy an evening with us!
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was recommended by the Ritz. One of the best Italian restaurants I have visited. I had the lamb fettucine. Very good. The tuna was reported to be superb. Very competent wine list. The service was attentive but not rushed. The waiters occasionally sing (just the right amount - not disruptive and they sing well). A must visit.

1  Thank MeqonTraveler

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Have been there a number of times. Food always great. Service by a lot of oldtimer Italian waiters.
Always a good experience.
Not cheap but I highly recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank dort40
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Last minute reservations, turned out to be a gastronomic evening. From when we arrived till we left the service was personalized and the waiters attentive. The chef comes from Avelino Italy. We began with salads, my cousin had the Insalata Rughetta that was cupped in a parmesan mold, great, fresh and tasty. My main meal was the highlight, Carre of Lamb in a pistachio shelling, tender and tasty. My cousin had Gambari Diavolo, which where little spiced but if you want a stronger taste you must try the hot pepperoncini from Calabria. They have an extensive wine list that goes from 35$ for a Half bottle of Nipozzano to 1230$ for a bottle of Tagnanello. The desserts are traditional Italian, which are very fresh. It was a fantastic dining experience, the restaurant is a lot smaller than we expected by cozy and elegant, we had window seats, last minute I would have preferred being seated in the center of the restaurant since we were only two people. I recommend this restaurant for the quality of the food although it was a little steep for the pricing of some of the main dishes on the menu.

3  Thank Caterina C
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to Bis to celebrate our anniversary and were greatly disappointed. From the moment we walked in, we didn't feel welcome and the waiters seemed annoyed. We were seated in the far back of the restaurant and had a view into the kitchen during the entire meal. The meal was expensive and not worth it. The pasta was soggy and overcooked, swimming in an oily and unappetizing sauce (supposedly a house special). For the price, we would have been better off going to many of Montreal's finer restaurants. We will never go back.

1  Thank ChloeandRico
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I guess that I was expecting much better food, found it to be bland, not exciting at all.
I tried the salmon tartar as it was already late in the evening, not even the salt and pepper woke up the dish.