“Fantastic! My new favourite”
Review of Bis

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Saint Catherine
Transit: Peel Street Metro, Windsor train station, Lucien Lallier Metro station
Description: Located in downtown Montreal, Restaurant Bis is the perfect place to see and be seen! We're known to host Hollywood stars during their stay in "The City of Saints" and we've even been awarded Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence for two straight years. Our diverse and exciting meal options, including our "under 495 calorie" menu, and our wide selection of fine Italian wines are what makes us a popular destination for the most discerning palettes! Book your table at Restaurant Bis, and enjoy an evening with us!
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic! My new favourite”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Bis Ristorante was fantastic and will be a regular stop for me whenever I am in town. Marcelo went out of his way to make sure my party had everything they needed. The atmosphere is relaxed and warm, the food is outstanding. 5 stars for me!

• Turkish first
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are looking for traditional Italian fare - you will not go wrong ! Started with an awesome caeser salad, and followed up by an amazing Veal Parmesan (which isn't on the menu); service was outstanding; great value; second time going here, and will be going again!

Edmonton, Canada
“AH-MAZING!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I went here on our trip to Montreal to celebrate our anniversary and were so delighted with this place. A friend had recommended that we try it and if weather wasn't great, try to reserve the great table by the window. We were lucky with amazing weather so they had their little patio terrace open where we got to dine.
Servers and host were all very welcoming and warm. A great menu with a good selection. I had the gorgonzola gnocchi and it was incredible while my husband thoroughly enjoyed his Spaghetti alla Carbonara which had a delicous cheezy sauce. Breadsticks to start and the Mozzarella appetizer with balsamic vinegar was also great. I cannot say how delicious the creme brulee and tiramisu were as well!

We loved sitting on the terrace with the nice decor, people watching and seeing all of the fancy and rare cars drive by! Nice music from one of the neighboring patios filled the whole street and it was a beautiful setting for our celebrating.

Halifax, Canada
“Simply Outstanding!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If one is looking for a discount meal of average quality, this is not the place for you!

Montreal's choice of Italian restaurants is almost never ending, yet BIS is a must!
Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT a tourist trap, yet one of the most always interesting dining experiences if you know your way around.

From the moment you walk into Bis, you realise you have entered a very special venue.
Perhaps several may not realise, yet the owner is ever present. The waiting staff is experienced and so very knowledgeable, yet they are also there to make your experience special.

A HUGE tip.
When the waiter presents a menu, somewhat disregard it for an ultimate dining experience!
Ask him what the Chef is up to, and what he just loves making that evening and ask for a meet.
Once done, just imagine the dinner you will receive!

Dining is always all about the Total Event- the ambiance, the food, the presentation and few do it better than BIZ!

Expensive?
Absolutely.
Worth it?
Absolutely!

• Visited July 2012
virginia
“Romantic!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We went here on recommendation of a friend. It is a beautiful restaurant- intimate/romantic. The food was very good and although some of the reviews were harsh on the price/ value I strongly disagree. My husband and I both had a first and main course ( no dessert), he had a beer and I had a glass of wine and we split a half bottle with dinner. I believe it was around $135 total. The service was Excellent up until it was time to order dessert: the server took so long that we skipped it and just asked for the bill when he finally came back. It was a little strange because it was not especially busy. I would definitely return though. I would also note that the wine recommendations were excellent and the amuse-bouche was a pleasant surprise. The basket of bread was generous and was refilled. It was a nice way to end a day of shopping and site-seeing. It is also a short walk to the Fairmont where we stayed.