“Good Food ”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Description: Welcome to Reuben's Restaurant. A visit to Montreal is never complete until you visit Reuben's Restaurant. Built in 1976, Reuben's Restaurant is the home to the finest Montreal smoked meat, steaks and homemade cheesecake. The menu also includes chicken, ribs, seafood, Italian and Greek cuisine, all cooked to perfection and served to you by our friendly staff. The menu has something for everyone. We even serve breakfast 7 days a week, starting at 8 am on weekdays. This busy Montreal landmark also offers wine, beer and cocktails with your meal. To complete the Reuben's experience, a huge piece of fresh homemade cheesecake or carrot cake will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! Our complete menu is available for take out, to eat at home with your family and friends, or to feel like home in your hotel. We also offer catering services for your corporate meetings, conventions or holiday parties.
Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

Very good food. Nice atmosphere. Clean enough. Waiter was a bit of a snob. He wasn’t very attentive and then got impatient with me when paying my bill. Restaurant wasn’t overly busy so not sure what was going on with him.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed June 14, 2019

We had reservations but arrived early. They were very nice and seated us despite of it. I really wanted to be Wowed by the food. Not so much. We went for the beef and DH had a filet mignon which wasn't as good as a recent trip to Texas Roadhouse. I ordered the beef brochette which was okay. The mixed drinks were pretty awful. My Bloody Mary was V8 juice and a splash of vodka with no seasoning or taste and my husbands drink was watered down Gin and Tonic. The service was very good. This would have rated only 3 stars but the cheese cake, although a bit on the dry and crumbly side was delicious. So the dessert saved it but I wouldn't return

Reviewed June 14, 2019

The pictures that I and others have posted of their simple pastrami on rye sandwiches is all you need to know really. I would be so obese if I lived near this place. The chips and coleslaw were excellent too, and somehow you will find a spot to put some delicious cheesecake because you just have to.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

The drinks are creative and very good. The fare is comfort food with options to be more healthy if you prefer. I am gluten free and can find good meals here. This is one of our guaranteed stops each time we come to Montreal

Reviewed June 2, 2019

I was looking for a good place to eat and came upon Reuben's. This under ground jewel has good food and present service. A good place to stop on this busy street.