“Smoke meat galore”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Welcome to Reuben's Restaurant. A visit to Montreal is never complete until you visit Reuben's Restaurant. Built in 1976, Reuben's Restaurant is the home to the finest Montreal smoked meat, steaks and homemade cheesecake. The menu also includes chicken, ribs, seafood, Italian and Greek cuisine, all cooked to perfection and served to you by our friendly staff. The menu has something for everyone. We even serve breakfast 7 days a week, starting at 8 am on weekdays. This busy Montreal landmark also offers wine, beer and cocktails with your meal. To complete the Reuben's experience, a huge piece of fresh homemade cheesecake or carrot cake will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! Our complete menu is available for take out, to eat at home with your family and friends, or to feel like home in your hotel. We also offer catering services for your corporate meetings, conventions or holiday parties.
Fredericton, Canada
“Smoke meat galore”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The locals know about this place. Yes, you have to go downstairs into a rather dark restaurant but you go for the smoke meat and nothing else. I grew up in Montreal so I know smoke meat and when I can, I come here. My wife and I ordered just the man sized smoke meat - old fashioned lean. It was excellent and a meal in itself.

There's nothing fancy here but it is a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for a reason. Make sure you go to this address. There is another on Saint Catherine that is street level and I have know idea if it is the same owners or not.

Remember - order only the smoke meat. It's awesome!!

Fort Myers
“Lots of fun ”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Right around the corner from our hotel, this cool place was highly recommended. Excellent chicken soup and other deli choices. Made the mistake of ordering the poutine. Maybe you'll like it but better have an iron stomach. All in all, Reuben's is well worth checking out.

Fishkill, New York
“Not terrible-not great”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Dark and dingy, basic breakfast staples adequately prepared. More of a dive then anything, but not in way. A good dive is always a treat. So many better options in Montreal. This place is not interesting or great.

Toronto, Canada
“Great Service, Yummy Food, Excellent Value”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Wow, the people that work here are SO nice. I came in with my young daughter and everyone was so warm and welcoming to her. Everyone was so focused on providing great service and we were so happy to chat with the servers. Such a great experience.

We ordered the smoked meat plate and it was huge and absolutely delicious. There were mountains of fries and a very generous serving of smoked meat. I love that in Montreal, you are given an option of lean/regular/fatty smoked meat. We ordered the fatty (we were on vacation) and it was juicy, luscious, salty, and delectable. It was everything that I had been hoping for when I had my craving for that tasty Montreal smoked meat.

The value of this place was extraordinary and I love what a throwback the ambience is. It takes me back to sitting at lunch counters with my dad when I was a little girl.

This place was great, and I will certainly be back the next time I'm visiting Montreal.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Smoked Meat Sandwiches and Shoestring Fries”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had the "small" sandwich, fries, slaw, pickle, and drink for $9.95 and it was delicious as well as more than I could eat in one sitting. The staff is very friendly and the service is very fast. I will definitely be back if/when I return to Montreal.