“Excellent food, neighborhood treasure”
Review of Restaurant Su

Restaurant Su
Ranked #248 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Avenue Desmarchais
Transit: Restaurant Su is 7 minutes walking distance from Metro De L'eglise on green line. You can also take bus 58 or 61 (west bound) if you prefer not to walk after metro station.
Description: At Restaurant Su, we combine the best of Turkish cuisine to create a menu rich in tradition while adding a creative twist. Our creative dishes are delicately prepared with the freshest ingredients to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Specialties include Turkish paté, beef, chicken, lamb, Seafood and more. Turkish cuisine is a delight to behold. We invite you to indulge and enjoy...from our family to yours.
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We went here and absolutely loved every dish we had. The balance of spices is excellent, even the oil you get with the bread is delicious. I'm not a fan of desserts and don't usually have it but something made me try the Künefe and it blew me away.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We were in Montreal on Labour Day weekend and torn between Turkish and Moroccan for dinner. Toronto very uninspired and unauthentic Moroccan and Turkish restaurants. i had heard that Montreal did a much better job. So we headed out to Restaurant Su by metro, and were surprised to find that the restaurant was under major renovations. We were very close to turning around - the floors were unfinished and the place smelled of fresh drywall, and we wondered why a place would stay open during such a major face lift project. But it was late and we were hungry, so we stayed - and thank goodness for that. I would place Turkish food as one of my favourite cuisines in the world, and living in Toronto, i must rely on my own culinary skills to enjoy it, as the few Turkish restaurants here fall painfully short of the explosion of flavours that I remember from Turkey. But this one is the closest thing to Turkey I have ever tried. In spite of the compromised decor, I became lost in a world of fresh and intense flavours and was transported back to Istanbul for a few sweet hours. The waitress - apparently the owner's daughter - was also quite lovely. It looks like they were on the way to building a very chic and modern interior, so I will be eager to return and see how it all comes together. But the food alone is worth the trip to Restaurant Su. If slightly pricey, it is worth every penny.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Having passed two weeks recently in Istanbul, and having envoyed local cuisine, I hoped to relive my souvenirs at this place.
And I was not deceived!
Absolutely gorgeous meze, I was sorry to be able to sample only a third of the liste, but I will be coming back!
The main courses and the desserts were at the same level.
Service was great, and if you get a front table you will be entertained by the little kids coming in and out of the karate school the other side of the street.
A must for any eastern cuisine afficionado!

2  Thank montrealeer77
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Went there twice and it was very good. Allows us to discover new tastes.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We went for the new years special, 50$ 5 course meal with champagne. It kicked so much butt that my life has been fading to a pale meaninglessness since the mind blowing awesomeness of the tastes and textures of the dishes. Shame on you who don't finish your plates, especially in such a fine restaurant as this!

I don't know about regular meals but that particular event will be remembered until i die, and even forever now that this is posted here.

2  Thank elicerisa