“Pass.”

Restaurant Kashmir
Ranked #3,675 of 5,719 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
“Pass.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I bought a coupon on line and it seemed like a good deal.
The area is gorgeous and so is the view. The food was very good (Kashmir, Tika Masala, beef in basmati rice, nan and a few more things).
Two things were horrible: the food portions were so tiny (a 17$ dish was the size of about less than two tennis balls and was served in a little bowl) and the Service.. OH my God, how to describe... The man who served us was grumpy, impatient and we had to flag him down for everything. Not once did he come voluntarily. When I paid he insisted that I come with him to the cash register to check the coupon and made a whole show of investigating every little detail about it while I was standing there waiting. He even took out a little calculator to minus the amount of the coupon from the cheque and then counted the cash bills that I gave him. So humiliating.
I Love Indian food but in not going back there.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank mommy24_10

Montreal, Canada
“Overpriced just average Indian food”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have been to many Indian restaurants in Montreal and this place did not impress me at all. The butter chicken tasted like every other butter chicken in not so great Indian places, almost makes me wonder if it comes from a jar or a can. We also had Saag Paneer, just so so and Korma which had no taste at all. The Naan was good. Service was slow and they didn't bother to ask if we wanted ore water when clearly our glasses we empty. For these kinds of prices I expected a lot more. It's Old Montreal and thus we have to pay for the location.... I will not return nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sabrina1176
York, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came across this restaurant by chance, simply by not knowing what we wanted to have for dinner & walking around the Old Port area. The restaurant doesn't really promote itself from the outside, so I told my husband I would go & have a look inside. The stairs & carpet leading to the restaurant were really grubby & I must admit thought twice about going any further. However, I'm glad I did & told my husband to come up & see for himself. It was a really nice restaurant & we were seated by the window. The waiter staff were OK but lacked the usual conversation or pleasantries found in a restaurant. The food however, was brilliant. I don't like my meals too hot & spicy & must admit it was one of the nicest meals we had. I would recommend the chicken tikka (me) and shish kebab (husband) to start. I the had prawn korma & rice, & my husband had lamb jarfrezi with garlic naan. He did say that this was really hot, but did enjoy it. It was a great find, & we really enjoyed the food. Would we go again - Yes!

• Visited October 2013
“* the rice was good *”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Tow days ago (saturday night) we we had a very bad gastronomic experience at this restaurant.Nothing was good,even a beginer chef could have done better.The vegtables were mushy ,the chicken in the "butter chicken" was hard and the sauce could have been better from a can (may be it was).The rest was awful : the lamb and other chicken dishes that my wife and my friends ordered.
The rice and the bread were good.....

• Visited October 2013
Brossard, Quebec, Canada
“A very unpleasant experience!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We, a friend and I, arrived at this restaurant that is situated perfectly in Old Montreal hoping for some really good Indian food. We had checked out the menu that was posted outside and saw many vegetarian options (we are both vegetarian) so decided to eat there. Upon arriving upstairs and waiting to be seated, a very pleasant young woman gave us our choice of front or back, window view. Because of the air conditioning vent directed at the table we would sit at one one side, we decided on the other side but before we could sit, a waiter came up to us and the young woman 'barking' that we couldn't just sit 'where we wanted to'.....We gave in, more to save the young woman and sat in front of the vent. The manager came to us and said he would lower the a/c but after 20 minutes of sitting there with our glasses of water we asked to change seats, it was just to cold! The re-location was no problem, unfortunately it was quite cold on the other side as well but no direct venting of a/c to our table. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get our food and the food was simply mediocre at best. The cauliflower/potato dish was mostly potato and the cauliflower was mush and simply tasteless. We also ordered the eggplant dish and the spinach/cheese dish. I actually added salt to the last dish mentioned because it didn't have much taste at all, adding salt to a dish is something I've never done in an Indian restaurant before. To his credit, the manager tried his best to make the experience a positive one. We spent $40 on a meal that was not good and we were not comfortable due to the cold temperature. Our waiter, which was the one who was originally so gruff and unpleasant, continued to be our waiter; he simply lacked any warmth or pleasantness and I was glad to leave his presence. I would definitely not return there, there are many good Indian restaurants in the city, this is not one of them!

• Visited August 2013