“Good food, nice atmosphere, good value”
Review of Restaurant Holder

Restaurant Holder
Ranked #22 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Madrid, Spain
“Good food, nice atmosphere, good value”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've eaten twice here, once a business lunch and once a dinner. The place offers a warm atmosphere and is nice and ample, with a good separation between tables.The service was friendly and reasonably fast.
For lunch, we had a good and satisfying menu for a reasonable price. Our à la carte dinner was also good. I had a very nice steak tartare, even if it was a bit too spicy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rro2005MAD

Montreal
“Yummy Brunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

It was a last minute decision to head downtown to old Montreal and grab a bite to eat. My husband has been to Holder for business diners and has always enjoyed it, so he decided to take us there for a quick bite to eat. The decor is great, the service was quick and friendly. Yet we never felt rushed at any time. We went with our kids (8 & 11 yrs). The menu is limited, but you shouldn't have a problem finding something you like. If my son found something to eat, anyone can! The portions are perfect. The food is well presented, but more importantly delicious. Their lattés are very good (any one who reads my reviews would know I'm a very picky coffee drinker !) All and all I would not hesitate to go again, and I would definitely recommend Holder Restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food, great service and a nice ambience.

• Visited April 2013
Ontario
“Very busy for Sunday brunch - make reservations”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to come here based on a recommendation from a local. We decided to drop by for Sunday brunch at around 12:45pm; the restaurant was empty but we were told that they had the entire restaurant booked up with reservations for 1 pm but they offered us some seats at the bar. The host was right; by 1 pm the place was full. We ordered our drinks; my chocolate milk actually came out warm and was kind of gross.
We ordered our breakfasts. I had the eggs benedict with lox, which was actually very good. My girlfriend had the soft boiled eggs with caviar; it was difficult for her to eat, and excessively salty. My husband had the regular breakfast with eggs/bacon/toast; just ordinary.
The place has a really nice atmosphere and really nice bar; louder though.
Worth trying!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great service and even better traditional French fare with a twist. Would definitely return when in Montreal.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank robby6
Vancouver, Canada
“Lively!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by my hotel concierge as a good place to take my student son and his girlfriend for dinner during my visit to Montreal.
We enjoyed every aspect of it. The "joint was jumping" on the Thursday night before Easter weekend. Very fun atmosphere, friendly and competent servers and the food was delicious, maybe a tad pricey for what it was but hey...we all enjoyed ourselves and the food very much.

Visited March 2013