“Very busy for Sunday brunch - make reservations”
Review of Restaurant Holder

Restaurant Holder
Ranked #20 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Ontario
“Very busy for Sunday brunch - make reservations”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to come here based on a recommendation from a local. We decided to drop by for Sunday brunch at around 12:45pm; the restaurant was empty but we were told that they had the entire restaurant booked up with reservations for 1 pm but they offered us some seats at the bar. The host was right; by 1 pm the place was full. We ordered our drinks; my chocolate milk actually came out warm and was kind of gross.
We ordered our breakfasts. I had the eggs benedict with lox, which was actually very good. My girlfriend had the soft boiled eggs with caviar; it was difficult for her to eat, and excessively salty. My husband had the regular breakfast with eggs/bacon/toast; just ordinary.
The place has a really nice atmosphere and really nice bar; louder though.
Worth trying!

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great service and even better traditional French fare with a twist. Would definitely return when in Montreal.

1 Thank robby6
Vancouver, Canada
“Lively!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by my hotel concierge as a good place to take my student son and his girlfriend for dinner during my visit to Montreal.
We enjoyed every aspect of it. The "joint was jumping" on the Thursday night before Easter weekend. Very fun atmosphere, friendly and competent servers and the food was delicious, maybe a tad pricey for what it was but hey...we all enjoyed ourselves and the food very much.

New York
“Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

....special orders don't upset us....went here for dinner and they were so accommodating with my asks. Friendly, smiled, and took care of all my fat-reduction requests. The food was well-prepared, very hot, and arrived quickly. I had a wonderful glass of Sancerre. Great place to wrap up a tense business day. They had a full menu of regional favorites, assiette de fromage, and selection of desserts. Well-stocked bar. Next time I'm in Montreal, I would stop by again.

Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Consistent”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Always consistent, never disapointed. A little pricy, but you' re in the old port! Will be back sooner or later.