“Great food....hard on the wallet”

La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse and Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse and Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St Catherine
Transit: Douze Vingt-et-Un is in close vicinity to Lucien-Lallier, Bonaventure, and Peel Metro Stations, across the street from Windsor Train Station and a short walk from 'Gare Centrale'.
Description: La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse & Angry Lobster Bar is one of Canada’s premier fine dining steakhouse restaurants specializing in dry-aged USDA Prime beef and fresh seafood. Located in downtown Montreal, every detail has been carefully considered for your comfort. Notable for its decor, excellent service, outstanding cuisine, award winning wine cellar and the incomparable Oyster & Seafood Lounge, La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse is the ultimate destination for celebration. The Montreal Tea Room is a state-of-the-art private dining and conferencing facility, reserved exclusively for private and corporate events.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Yes the food is good but be prepared to dish out the bucks! Unless you have an expense account, this is a special occasion restaurant.

3  Thank griffgraff_traveler
There are newer reviews for La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse and Raw Bar

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food is great, service was great, everything is great about this place, a little expensive but is worth it in my opinion, I like going there when am in the mood for a great treat!

4  Thank Aly A
Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the magnificent decor, to the amazing staff, the relaxed ambiance and of course the best Steaks..what more can one ask for, well the is more. Cigar lounge, aged meat, outstanding wine selection and tops brand liquors. My home is the Q. When Peter Morentzos does something he does it in the grandest way and with style! What I couldn't believe is as great as it already was...they are making it better (if that's even possible) They have re-located (same area) and will be re-opening end of March newer and better....honestly if there's one place you must go its there! So note it down and go!! You will not be disapointed!

3  Thank cathy c
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It's been 12 years since I've been to Queue de Cheval and I can still remember that it was the best steak ever! I am shocked to read some of the reviews. I traveled quite a bit and never found a steak as good as at Queue de Cheval. Every time I go to a restaurant no matter how expensive it is and order a steak it never surpasses the quality or taste of Queue de Cheval. I hope to travel back to Montreal one day and visit this lovely restaurant.

3  Thank H S
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is a few years since I went but when we went we found the food to be average. All parts of the meal were priced individually so if you wanted potatoes or veg it was about $10 each extra. The meats and seafood ranged from about $30 to the hundreds. We were 4 and two of us the same appetizer and we both had upset stomachs that night. I was constantly disturbed by one of the waiters climbing a ladder behind me to get wine. Other than that the service was good. I wouldn't go back - there are so many good restaurants in the Montreal area much more affordable.

4  Thank mmv686