“BIG steaks!”

La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse and Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse and Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #449 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St Catherine
Transit: Douze Vingt-et-Un is in close vicinity to Lucien-Lallier, Bonaventure, and Peel Metro Stations, across the street from Windsor Train Station and a short walk from 'Gare Centrale'.
Description: La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse & Angry Lobster Bar is one of Canada’s premier fine dining steakhouse restaurants specializing in dry-aged USDA Prime beef and fresh seafood. Located in downtown Montreal, every detail has been carefully considered for your comfort. Notable for its decor, excellent service, outstanding cuisine, award winning wine cellar and the incomparable Oyster & Seafood Lounge, La Queue de Cheval Steakhouse is the ultimate destination for celebration. The Montreal Tea Room is a state-of-the-art private dining and conferencing facility, reserved exclusively for private and corporate events.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Sitting at the bar near the kitchen watching the "chefe" and his crew work and cook up the best aged steak I have eaten in ages, gave me a very pleasant night out. Not so pleasant was the bill. but I guess that's Montreal for you!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Once again I return to Queue de cheval for its exceptional meat/food quality.
Service was casual and friendly, I expected a more serious attitude.
Wine list is not that great in addition of being overpriced.

Overall, great food, average service and unjustified expensive bill.
Worth trying once but not your regular steakhouse.
I will return once or twice a year not more.

If it happens that you're a cigar smoker, don't try to buy yours from the restaurant, it's a rip off.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

As a premium restaurant, queue de cheval does not compare well to other destinations such as Ferreira, Milos or Laurie Raphael.

Great steak, service is good but they over do it sometomes. Shrimp appetizer outrageous in price for what it was. Great wine selection.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food and service were excellent .. The price tag HOWEVER for two girls having dinner was over $300 (plus tip)!! We weren't that hungry and shared a steak by the way ... Good food and good service I can also get from numerous restaurants in Montreal without paying such a hefty bill.

That price tag, for what we recieved, was truly ridiculous :(

1  Thank TonyaRenee
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went to this restaurant with my friends last week for my birthday. Honestly, the food is simply delicious but you have to expect the bill that comes with it. I don't know if this is a temporary installation or that they are settled permanently but the ''new'' restaurant has nothing to do with the ''old'' one. I think they are trying to rejuvenate the image of the place but this is a fail. There's is no more piano music (which was a big part of the ambience), they replaced it by loud clubbish music. The waiters are polite (in fact they are trying to). Our waiter welcomed us and explained us different things but we didn't understand a thing since he had a strong spanish accent and he was way too close when he came to our table (I almost had his belly in my face). He made us feel really awkward. When we were ordering, he was putting pressure on us to order more stuff and thins we didn't want to. I am not kidding, it took 15 minutes for him to leave with our orders. We were annoyed by his insistence. I had no more water in my glass so I took the bottle to pour some and when he saw me he ran to our table and took the bottle out of my hands very roughly which I though was extremely rude. At least a bunch of waiters sang me happy birthday and gave me a piece of chocolate cake which made my mood better at the end. Probably the waiter had no bad intentions but he certainly was really clumsy in his manners. Maybe he was not really experienced. Anyway, I don't think I will go back.

1  Thank Etienne C