“I've had better but this was still good”

Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #771 of 6,065 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently went here for a birthday lunch and was happy with my meal but not blown away. My friend and I started with the Antipasto di Buffala, which was tomato slices with a massive ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella and it was delicious; the cheese really was exceptional.

For my main I had the gnocchi Fiorentina and my friend had the farfalle al salmone. I had debated trying a pizza but the table next to us ordered one and it looked burned...I hate burned food so I decided to try pasta instead. Anyway! My gnocchi was overcooked - it was bordering on mushy - but the sauce was tasty and the portion was so big that I could barely finish it. My friend told me that the sauce on her pasta was too watery for her liking but the pasta and the salmon were good.

Overall, I wasn't blown away. I would have given 3.5 stars if that was an option but upgraded them to 4 because of the really good fresh mozzarella. I didn't hate the place but I think it's also a bit over hyped. I can't comment on the cost because I didn't pay, but the prices seemed reasonable for the portion sizes.

2  Thank Canadian_Trav

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I feel shame on them to say they are italian. Piece of crap! Don't waste your money. It's expensive, the food isn't good at all.

3  Thank josesoriano
Reviewed September 25, 2013

WOW so so good.! Went for a birthday,we had pizza Toscana with prosciutto and arugula, pizza Bufala with Italian mozzarella di bufala ,fresh basil and tomato,and pizza rustica with pancetta and fresh tomatoes.I travel a lot and this pizza was better then the one I had in Italy. We also had pasta , mafaldine casareccie and farfalle tre formaggi super licious.The desserts were also fantastic canoli, tiramisu, baba, cassatina . Now I now why there's always lineups.Very friendly and inviting. Just by writing about it, makes me want to go back. Very good prices for the quality of the food.Oh !!!! you have to try the meat balls

1  Thank linda g
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The place from outside does not look very tempting, but when you get inside to the left dining hall you fell the atmosphere immediately.
We know the italian temperament which is really different from the canadian, and we like it.
I think that the pizza can be a little bit bigger and the appetizer plate of the house as well.
We ordered also pasta.
Everything was really fresh and tasty.
The waiters helped us few times with the italian menu.
They not intend to be complex or special, but it was very good and we glad we got there.
I think it must be in a higher place in the tripadvisor.

1  Thank odeko
Reviewed September 12, 2013

For the typical Italian dish of either pizza or pasta, this place is excellent. Authentic taste using delicious tasty tomato's. We had a waiter who was not very friendly and quite rude as well. I noticed other tables had lovely waiters. I guess we cannot be always lucky in life.

1  Thank NadaDubai