“Authentic experience!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: We are a family owned authentic Thai restaurant that's been around the early 1990s. We take pride in our great authentic cuisine, friendly service and the fact that our customers love to come back and try new dishes
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Cozy restaurant, reservations recommended. Excellent service and presentation of dishes, great for sharing. Best green curry I have had! Spiciness can adjusted to your liking. Average meal with wine is approx $40 per person.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This cozy little spot offers some unique dishes, straying away from the usual predictable menus one can find. The atmosphere is low key and comfortable, with wonderfully attentive staff who are eager to discuss the food if you engage them.

The Po Taek soup is a classic Thai seafood dish, and this was executed to perfection. The flavours were perfectly balanced, which can be hard to come by with this particular dish. The seafood was also quite generous in serving size and excellent in quality.

We’re huge fans of duck, and we’d never seen Larp Ped (Duck Lemongrass Salad) on a menu before. This lemongrass duck salad was a revelation, with a flavour profile that changed as you enjoyed the dish.

Also fans of chili sauces, we ordered the Kung Prik Sod, a shrimp dish. It was inevitable as the soup made it clear that the quality of the shrimp was fantastic, large, firm and sweet. This dish didn’t disappoint, but it is a commentary on the quality of the rest of the dishes that this dish felt like one that we could get at any quality Thai restaurant.

Kob phad kha pao

To our point above about the uniqueness of their dishes, we’ll end with our favourite experience of the night. Kob Phad Kha Poa caught our eye immediately; we’ve never seen frog’s legs on a Thai menu, and served with “crispy basil”? We had to try it, and thank God we did! We love frog’s legs, and these were the best we’ve ever had. Plump, meaty, juicy and flavour infused. Most notably however, was the crispy basil. These beautiful large basil leaves were carefully flash fried. We were so astounded at the texture and flavour we had to ask the server about them. He explained that they are carefully fried on a pan in a single layer, for no more than thirty seconds. Not only was it a trip to eat crispy basil, but the heat released the flavours normally locked in the leave’s natural oil, making the taste unforgettable.

Google our username to find our blog :)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

As usual I had to enquire about specific ingredients in order to avoid them. Too often I hear "I don't know I'm sorry" or I'm made to feel a nuisance and get the distinct impression that they don't care and haven't really listened, which can result in substancial discomfort for me. Not So Here though! The waiter could not have been more helpful! He even went on Google and found the ingredients of the Singha Beer to ensure it wasn't made of wheat! I felt really cared for and that nothing was too much trouble. The atmosphere was relaxing, the decor pretty and the food very tasty. I can recommend the chicken Satay which just melted in the mouth and the Green Curry was spicy enough for me to need rice with it but not so hot as to make it unpleasant as I have had in the past, This curry really was excellent!

1  Thank MarilynFoxEssex
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been there 4 times in the last two months. The food is unbelievable. Other than Chao Phraya and Thailande, this resto is definitely one of the best thai restaurants in town. I had the pad thai twice and a seafood dish the other two times. The soups are delicious too. Great resto choice if you're in the area and looking for authentic thai flavors.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We enjoyed a dinner for 4 at this quaint Thai restaurant. Service was excellent and food was delicious. The seafood and chicken soup was fantastic. The basil pad Thai was enjoyed by all. The beef curry was incredibly flavorful. Suggest reservations as it's a small restaurant and fills quickly.