“Never disappointed”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: We are a family owned authentic Thai restaurant that's been around the early 1990s. We take pride in our great authentic cuisine, friendly service and the fact that our customers love to come back and try new dishes
Montreal
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This was the third time we went to this establishment and as always, we had a wonderful dinner! Great food, service and atmosphere, reasonably priced. A gem in a pool of Montreal Restaurants! There are two locations (Guy Street and Laurier Street), same quality of food, but parking may be easier on Laurier.
Definitely worth a try for anyone visiting Montreal who would like to try a different dining experience.

• Visited November 2011

Melbourne
“Great Thai in a city that doesn't seem to offer a lot of it..”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

After too many burgers, chips, potato and cheese (seemingly Canadian staples) we were after something different and being austalians.. Missed our Thai food!
We found this place based on other trip advisor posts (thanks) and were not disappointed! It was good location (off St Catherines west), very traditional Thai restaurant (elephant statues standard issue), good wine, starters of dumplings, fish cakes and spring roles .. Yum!
Mains of Thai basil beef and red curry were Devine. Small disappointment by one in the chicken cashew nut due too too much onion but that was only compliant.
Menu is Asian influence wider than Thai as a few things on menu u would normally be on a Chinese menu..
Worth a trip!

1 Thank Travelling_Jag
Heidelberg, Germany
“One of the best Thai restaurants I have been to!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Two girlfriends asked me to suggest a restaurant with "delicious" food for an evening out, therefore I was a bit under pressure. I had been to Phayathai once before with another friend and loved the food, but you never know...
When we entered the restaurant on Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. (I had reserved a table), we were the only guests. Our waiter was very kind and answered my friends' questions regarding certain dishes and ingredients very patiently and in detail.
He recommended the lemongrass shrimps to one friend, the other took a vegetarien vermicelli dish, which she ordered a bit less spicy than advertised on the menu. I could not resist and ordered the satay chicken skewers with peanut sauce as an appetizer, and the green curry with shrimps. If you want rice, you have to order it extra. We took sticky rice for the two shrimp dishes.
My friends tasted the chicken skewers, which were very good. Apart form the peanut sauce they came with a tiny portion of cucumber salad with a sweet dressing, that I liked very much.
Then the main courses: all of us were extremely happy with our food, and my friends complimented me on my choice of restaurant. The lemongrass shrimps were probably the best - I'll order that dish next time I go there.
My worries about the empty restaurant also dissolved soon. By 8 p.m. every table was occupied.
Phayathai is not a super-cheap restaurant, but the atmosphere and the quality of the food are totally worth it!

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Traveller176
Massachusetts
“Great thai in Montreal”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Went here with my family in August, we walked from our hotel (Sheraton in downtown). Parking might be tricky here. Food is very good. We got green curry, fish, thick noodles. Everything was delicious. Service was very good, atmosphere is nice. It is a small place, so I would recommend a reservation. We would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Love both Phayathais!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We went to the one on Guy 2 nights ago and to the one on Laurier last night. Loved every bite! Highlight is the seafood soup.

4 Thank DrunkInCubaNow