“Nice drinks”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Transit: Metro Guy-Concordia & Peel, walk 5 min from the metro.
Description: Situated in the heart of trendy Montreal on Crescent Street, Le Newtown welcomes you. Composed of three floors, a lounge, a restaurant, and a beautiful terrace, Le Newtown's contemporary decor provides a sophisticated and relaxed atmosphere. In the kitchen, Chef Juneau's exciting culinary imagination brings you modern, creative cuisine. Both elements will take you to places you haven’t been before. For group reservations please contact the event coordinator at 514-564-7821.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Newtown is a nicely styled restaurant with a twist of fusion and exoticism. I visited Newtown back in June 2013 with friends over drinks. Here<s how the experience went:

1- Location
It is located in the middle of Crescent street just on the intersection with Maisonneuve and between Sherbrooke and St Catherine making it very easily accessible on foot from all corners of the street. Closest public transport access would be from the Guy-Concordia subway station with a short walk eastward.
Newtown is also located between many different restaurants, bars and lounges so you can start by having a bite at Newtown and continue for drinks next door or do it the other way around

2- The place itself
It s definitely a very nicely decorated place with lots of funky colors on walls, floors and ceilings. The place is mainly purple with many variations of the color just everywhere It is lightly lit just to reflect the actual brightness of the place. Newtown is mainly an indoors place that has huge openings on each of its north and east sides that give the impression of being completely outdoors on one of those nice sunny Montreal summer or spring days
All furniture seems to be new and well maintained. The best thing about it is that tables are well spaced so you have all the privacy you need to have a conversation without having anyone eavesdropping on you

3- Menu
The food menu is not bad at all. It has all the regular offering that you would see in any typical Montreal restaurant. I don't think Newtown has a specialty but his drinks are nicely prepared and his beer is always served cold and in a genuine beer glass or pint. They also have a really nice variety of beers that will suit your liking

4- Services and price
The service is fast and is handled by courteous waiters and waitresses who won't overwhelm you with unlimited questions

I recommend Newtown for evening drinks, after work hour drinks, light meal with friends on weekends. It is a nice place to visit and enjoy

***Please like this review if you find it helpful***

There are newer reviews for Newtown

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Few places necessitate me to write bad reviews as most places have some sort of redeeming aspect to them, but Newtown's food and service was so terrible that it requires me to write this review. Me and my girlfriend decided to try a new place for the evening and we chanced a new experience at Newtown. The service started out nicely and we were served our drinks and food order promptly. When we were served our meals (12oz strip loin for me and the slow cooked short ribs for my date), the strip loin was very rare as opposed to being medium as ordered and her ribs barely had 2oz of meat (the rest was fat and bone). She seemed okay with her food. I have had many steaks before and have never had a strip loin so undercooked. I wanted to notify the waitress of the issue but after 10 minutes of waiting I decided to go find her. The place was not busy (perhaps half capacity) so the service should have been pretty expedient. The manager was notified and the steak was recooked but alas the steak was still undercooked. I was offered a drink which I declined due to me needing to drive later. He then offered a dessert which we were not interested in. I thought to myself, why dont you do the respectful thing and compensate for the meal and not add unwanted things to mitigate the issue? After another wasted 20 minutes waiting to flag down the waitress to receive the bill and then paying, we both think the Newtown should find a new town to torture people's palettes and waste peoples time.

Needless to say that, after $100 wasted and an unsatisfied appetite, we will never be going here again and if the name is ever mentioned as a possible place to visit, a quite tart review will be given to warn them against coming to this establishment.

1  Thank j g
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was here for a group business function, but, still, it should have been much better. Service was impersonal and abrupt, and I can hardly remember what I ate it was so forgettable -- except the dessert, which was memorable only for how bad it was: a burnt brownie thing on a smear of chocolate that looked like a large skid mark. Loud and cold atmosphere.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a bite and an attempted glass or two of wine but an hour later I was sipping on my first glass of wine and still no burger in sight! Poor food, poor service, terrible experience!

1  Thank Ulsterman1974
Balthazar P, General Manager at Newtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Ulsterman1974,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team for your last disappointing experience at Le Newtown.

Offering a unique moment to our customers is one of our leitmotiv and 4@8 on thursdays are one of our spot events of the week. Last thursday was pretty busy as it was the last "4@8 of the summer", weather forecast included, it is still doesn't excuse the lack of service you had.

I'll be glad welcoming you personally at Newtown and make sure you'll have the service you deserve. Please let me know.

Hoping to welcoming you soon at Newtown

Balthazar Pellissier
LE NEWTOWN

Reviewed September 6, 2013

food was very good. cocktails were great. we had dinner on the top of the building few weeks ago. music was good. the service wasnt bad either. i will go back for sure