“Awful food and awful service”
Review of Mysore

Mysore
Ranked #2,131 of 5,818 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Awful food and awful service”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I ordered a meal to be delivered. When the delivery man arrived I gave him $30 for a $24 dollar bill, he went to leave without giving me any change back at all. As soon as I realised that he was making off with a $6 tip I asked him for $4 dollars back. I know that that would leave a smaller tip than most people here do but I feel that people need to earn a tip and it is not compulsory for merely adequate service or food. The delivery man pointed out to me that his tip was not included in the $24 and I explained that I was giving him $2. He snorted and shook his head, he took a handful of coins out of his pocket and said that was all he had it would have to do. It amounted to about $3. By now I was quite angry with him and explained that since a tip was not compulsory I would have all of my change back. He said he did not have any change and there was nothing he could do. Between myself and my husband we were able to get the correct amount and give it to him. He was totally incredulous and walked off shaking his head.
I was livid but looking forward to a nice meal, what I got was a version of Chicken Tikka Masala that looked and tasted like none I had ever had before. It was awful as was the Sag Aloo and the accopanying salad. Never again will I order from this restraunt.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank singinglalu

Manchester CT
“Good food but portion size is quite inadequate”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I traveled from Hartford to spend the weekend at Montreal and hit this place for dinner.

The restaurant itself was quite good. The ambience was good, there was free parking, and the waiter really helped me with opening and closing the garage, escorting me from the garage etc. The food was quite tasty too, but for the price I was definitely surprised on the size of the portions. The chicken tandoori plate was basically 5 small pieces with lots of salad. I could've very well ordered a salad directly! Similarly, compared to the portion sizes in Indian restaurants back in the U.S., the side dish was inadequate as well.

• Visited April 2012
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“Mysorable Service”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I agree with the previous reviewers that the service at this restaurant is really unacceptable. I recently had a lunch there with my mother, who I hadn't seen for a while. Very soon I noticed that there was something wrong with the service. It was very cold, very passive. When I told the waiter I needed more time to make my choice, he just stayed at the table, staring at me (!?). Then the food came... nothing bad to say about the food itself. Not exceptional, just good Indian food. After eating our main course, I decided to order a coffee so I could talk a bit longer with my mother. I went out to add more money in the parking meter and ordered my coffee. After he brought me my coffee, our waiter came back to our table only to ask us how long we plan to stay "because we're closing now". My mom replied "not for long, maybe half an hour", to which the waiter said, very abruptly: "no no no, maybe 10 minutes but not half an hour. We're closing". It was 2pm and we had been there for only an hour! So how many restaurants do you know that open for lunch but chase people out because they close at 2 pm? I then told the waiter I was shocked by his attitude, to which he replied that 10 minutes was fine and that I could as well go take my coffee at the coffee shop next door. I should also mention that at this point, the restaurant was dead empty and that they had stopped the music, making us feel uncomfortable about staying even for 10 minutes.

What kind of restaurant is that? If you're so strict about your opening hours, then just don't serve me a coffee if you're just about to close, makes sense? Or, just do as any good restaurant would do, and allow your clients to stay in to finish their meal even if the kitchen is closed. That kind of service is unacceptable and this restaurant doesn't deserve your business unless it changes the way it treats its clients. There are plenty of restaurants around, so you don't have to give them your business.

1 Thank 73MKIV
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food but the service was icey cold.”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Good food but the service was icey cold.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook